Thursday, October 27, 2011

"CHEAT DAY" IS IT WORTH IT????

Good morning my friends!  Hope you are having a fabulous one so far.  I myself just had another fantastic workout and am thrilled to get outside and enjoy this BEAUTIFUL 80 degree (finally!!) Fall day playing with my son.  But before I do that, I would like to answer one of my blog followers question and that is how do I feel about the one "cheat day" a week theory...

So as a Fitness Professional and Fitness Freak, I pride myself on getting my clients AMAZING results.  How do I do that you ask???  Well, it's by making "fitness" your lifestyle and not depriving yourself of anything.  The key is to NOT feel guilty for having something that wouldn't be considered the healthiest choice when it comes to food.  However, your body is a TEMPLE and you should treat it as such.

I don't like the word "CHEAT" period.  Here's the deal, the minute you say "Thank goodness it's Saturday...it's my CHEAT day!"  You are going to more than likely eat out of control and pretty much make yourself almost sick from all the JUNK you decide to put into your body for the day.  Plus, it concerns me when I hear people say their trainer lets them "cheat" one day a week.  The reason it concerns me is it is setting a person up to binge and that usually leads to something even more unhealthy and frankly scary...possibly causing an eating disorder.

So here's my Professional Opinion...and personal too of course!  Eat 3 to 4 servings of fruits and veggies a day.  Trust me, it's not hard I promise!  There are way too many yummy fruits and veggies to choose from.  You can't possibly hate ALL fruits and veggies!  Eat some healthy fats, such as fish (halibut, tilapia, salmon...my fav!), nuts (pistachios, peanuts, cashews, almonds), good complex carbs (whole wheat pasta, whole wheat grain bread, bananas, apples, and whole wheat tortillas, and solid proteins (skim milk, egg whites, tuna, protein shakes, lean turkey meat, chicken, etc).  If you're still feeling like that mini-chocolate bar ( that you allegedly bought for the trick or treaters, right??)....EAT IT!  But also refer to last week's blog so you know how much you need to MOVE to burn it off!

Finally, if you haven't figured it out yet...I DO NOT believe in eat "clean" for 6 days and go crazy on "cheat" day #7.  Does anyone truly eat totally clean EVERYDAY???  Unless you are training to go on stage for a bodybuilding/figure competition the answer is NO.  I pride myself on eating pretty clean because I actually love healthy food and think that most of it actually tastes good, but if I want a glass of wine...I'm having a glass of wine.  And that glass of wine isn't being saved for a specific day to eat JUNK FOOD and drink heavily.  Please make your eating habits a part of a healthy lifestyle.  If you eat healthy and MOVE 60-90 minutes a day, you FEEL GOOD.

So my friends, make EVERYDAY a good day and don't make yourself feel bad if you "slip up" and eat something that isn't exactly the best choice...just burn it off.  My most successful weight loss/maintenance clients are the ones who make a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and choose to "eat to live" not "live to eat."

This week I will not be showing a video clip (sorry!!) but please don't hesitate to scroll down and check out my past videos and get outside today with your kids and MOVE!  Remember...FITNESS IS FUN!!  I promise to have a new video next week along with a topic that you may be interested to know my opinion on....so send your questions my way! 

If you haven't done so yet, please join my blog as a follower TODAY and thanks as always for reading.  Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN and remember...trick or treating is for the KIDS! ;-) 

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

2 comments:

  1. Another fabulous read!! Can't wait for the next new video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina! Glad you enjoyed it. Feel free to share this blog with your friends. And yes, new video next week...so stay tuned. Stay Fit and Happy!

    ReplyDelete