Thursday, June 14, 2012

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 10 YEARS?

Good morning friends!  It's another beautiful (but HOT already) morning with my workout complete and then off for another busy day of Summer fun...

Today's blog is a quick one...I know, shocker isn't it?!  I just want to ask YOU, my blog friends...where do you see yourself in 10 years?  The reason I ask this question is, I hear people make excuses all the time about why they can't find 10 MINUTES to get in some form of exercise every day.  Well, I must admit, now that I fortunately run my own Personal Training/Bootcamp business, I don't really hear it anymore.  But when I worked at the gym, the "I just don't have any time...I'm sooo busy...I have kids...I work LONG hours...etc, etc" was always overheard from gym members and other trainers clients making excuses as to why they only worked out ONCE that week (which was at their training appt with that trainer).

Here's the deal...trust me, I know what it's like to have a BUSY life.  But if you have kids, where do you see yourself in 10 years?  Attending their high school graduation?  College graduation?  Wedding?  Traveling the world to celebrate a successful job of raising your kid(s)?  If any of those examples ring a bell, let me just say...you need to be HEALTHY so you can be around to accomplish those goals. 

If you don't have kid(s) but work a very high stressed job, do you see yourself possibly retiring in 10 years?  Or at least traveling to places you always wanted to travel to because you want to celebrate the hard work over the years with treating yourself to fabulous vacations?  If that's the case, you need to be HEALTHY to be able to do these things.

So I will leave you with this, GET UP and GET OUT today and MOVE!  Exercise doesn't have to be a chore!  My clients and bootcampers hear me say all the time, FITNESS IS FUN!  Remember, as long as you're moving, you are doing something good for your heart.  So go for a walk tonight...go for a walk around your building during lunch...take the stairs instead of the elevator...turn on the stereo and DANCE your heart out with your kid(s) today...who cares how you look if you're laughing, you're burning even MORE calories, but MOVE!

Thanks for taking the time to read today's blog.  I hope you take a moment today to truly think about where you see yourself in 10 years and know that whatever and wherever that may be...you need to be HEALTHY to do it. 

If you haven't had a chance to check out this month's June warm-ups that both myself and my son Pry'nce enjoy doing...go to Youtube and search for "Fitness is Fun with your kids!" or put my name Famisha in search and enjoy!  Feel free to join my blog TODAY as a follower as well and follow me on twitter @FITDIVAFAMISHA for details on upcoming bootcamps and fitness tips.

Have a HAPPY, HEALTHY week!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment