Thursday, January 10, 2013

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!!

Hello my friends!  I hope all of you are off to a GREAT 2013!  Did you make a New Year's Resolution?  Here's the thing as a Certified Personal Trainer who has been in the fitness industry CHANGING LIVES and TOUCHING SOULS thru the POWER OF FITNESS for OVER 11 years now, every January I have a ton of people reach out to me and say "I'm ready to get in shape!  This is my year Famisha to finally get back into my SKINNY jeans!"  Now to that I say...congratulations on deciding to make this your year for YOU.  To be healthy not only for yourself but for your kid(s) who look up to you each and every day and follow your every move and example.  But WHY January????  Why not decide this in April...June...November?  Why is it that the majority of people in the world WAIT until January 1st to finally be healthy????  This is a question that has always puzzled me.  Now don't get me wrong, I applaud each and every one of you that have decided to make this change in your life...but why NOW?  Every January, I brace myself for one of the busiest months of my life because I know I'm going to have my regular clients who have already realized the importance of a healthy, fit lifestyle and then the new clients who WANT to make health and fitness a priority in their life now.

Here's my advice to you...please understand it's a LIFESTYLE.  You cannot change what you have done for YEARS, MONTHS, DAYS...in just one month.  Make the commitment to yourself to make each and every day of 2013 the HEALTHIEST and HAPPIEST day you can make it.  Fitness is a LIFESTYLE.  It starts from the FIRST thing you decide to put into your mouth for the day to help give you the energy you need to take on your day or get through your workout.  It's understanding that you may not like to eat breakfast, but by doing so you are revving up your METABOLISM for the day.  It's understanding that fruits and veggies are your FRIEND.  It never ceases to amaze me the look of SHOCK on a servers face at a restaurant when my 5 1/2 year old son HAPPILY orders "steamed broccoli" with his meal...or carrots WITHOUT ranch...or tells the Subway employee "no thank you, I don't need cheese."  These aren't punishments...this a child creating a HEALTHY way of eating for himself so that he can avoid being an OBESE child.  Now don't get me wrong, he is a kid and I do let him enjoy a sweet here and there...and we both enjoy sharing popcorn at the movies together.  But it's all in MODERATION. 

So what is my point you ask???  My point for today's blog is:  Make the ENTIRE year of 2013 the year you decide to make Health and Fitness along with a healthy way of eating a CONSISTENT way of life for not only YOU...but for your family as well.  I know I'm lucky to have my own fitness studio that I can workout in at any time...but guess what?!  If you don't have access to a gym, you still can go OUTSIDE and go for a WALK.  Too cold???  Stay inside and turn on your favorite music and dance...but MOVE.  Don't sit on the couch with a bag of potato chips watching the Biggest Loser and make comments...get up and do some jumping jacks during the commercial break, some sit ups, tricep dips off the edge of the couch...MOVE!!!

If you have any questions on blog topics you would like me to speak on this year, feel free to post them.  I love giving advice and I love to share my LOVE and PASSION for fitness with others.  It's a way of life...it's FUN!  It's something that you need to do for longevity in life!  And it's the best DE-STRESSOR on the planet!  I know...a bit dramatic, but my true personal opinion.

If you live here locally in the East Valley, join ME this Saturday, January 12th at 12NOON for some Fitness Fun at Cosmo Park for my Weekend Warrior Bootcamp!  For more information on it, go to my website at www.glistengirlsfitness.com.

Thanks for taking the time to read today's blog and if you haven't done so yet...join TODAY as a follower and don't be shy!  Ask me your burning fitness questions!  Now GET UP and GET MOVING!  Make it a happy, healthy day and week!  'Til next time....

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment