Saturday, May 31, 2014

WHAT MOTIVATES YOU????!

Happy Sensational Saturday friends!!  And what a BEAUTIFUL Saturday it is!  I myself, just got home from running my RESULTS based Bootcamp and am feeling pretty good.  Today's blog will be brief.  I want to start off with a question to those of you who read my blog and that is "What motivates you???"  I hear on a daily basis many people say that they WANT to lose weight, WANT to drop a size(s), WANT to be much fitter, etc..etc...  But unfortunately, I also see people who SAY these things, but their actions show otherwise.  I guess WITHOUT excuses, I wouldn't be able to make the living I do as a Master Personal Trainer...but the bottom line is this, if YOU really want to accomplish your FITNESS GOAL you must do all the things NECESSARY to do just that.

Now here's the deal, I am a FIT WOMAN now in my 40s (okay EARLY 40s...I just turned 41) and I know how difficult it can be to juggle CAREER, KID(s), HUSBAND...oh and time for MYSELF too.  But I make it happen!  If that means going to bed earlier the night before so that I have enough energy to take me thru an early morning workout before the CRAZINESS of my day begins with either training BACK TO BACK Clients then moving onto my next FULL-TIME JOB as Mommy with driving my son around to soccer practice, basketball practice, my son's game, son's playdate, quality time with my hubby, etc..etc.. I MAKE IT HAPPEN.  I don't believe in saying "I want my bodyfat percentage to be BLANK so I'm going to sleep in and miss my workout because I can always do it later..."  Well, later never comes once the craziness of my day begins.  So if you MAKE A COMMITMENT...stick with it, or you have no one to blame for NOT getting closer to TIGHTER ABS, SMALLER THIGHS, TONER ARMS, BIKINI BOD...etc, etc, but YOURSELF.

So look in the mirror today and ask yourself "WHAT MOTIVATES ME???"  "WHAT AM I GOING TO DO TO GET TO MY FITNESS GOAL???"  And stick with it!  NO EXCUSES!!

Okay, now I will get off my soap box ;-) because I sound like a broken record anyway.  Hey!  After doing what I do for a living over 12 years now...the excuses I hear NEVER change, they just come from different people.  Make the decision TODAY to get yourself to your Fitness Goal and make it a PRIORITY.

Now, as I mentioned earlier I just had another birthday...hey we get one EVERY year right?!  And I'm proud to say that even with a knee injury, I am just as FIT this year in my FIT, FLY and FABULOUS 40s as I was last year when I turned the BIG 4-0.  So I would like to share some pics of exercises you can perform to get you one step CLOSER to YOUR Fitness Goal with you all to show that you can still be FIT once you turn 40.  So here you go!

Want STRONG arms and TIGHT triceps (think back of arms) perform TRICEP DIPS off of a chair at home or a flat bench at the gym.  But if you want a more ADVANCED move...see pic below
 
Bring one leg up straight as you perform your Tricep dips.  Now you're increasing your INTENSITY and burning even more calories...
 
Looking to SCULPT your upper back???  Perform a lat pulldown...BOOM!
 
Looking to target the front and back of your shoulders  (delts) along with your biceps??  Close grip pull-downs are MY favorite!!
 
Feeling FIT, FLY and FABULOUS at 41!!!
 
I hope you all enjoyed my blog today along with my pics. You are NEVER too old to be the FITTEST you can be!  It only gets BETTER!
 
Thanks as always for taking the time to read my blog.  Now GET UP and GET MOVING!!  NO EXCUSES your body is counting on YOU!!
 
As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment