Saturday, April 30, 2011

FEELING GOOD TODAY!!

Hi everyone and Happy Sensational Saturday!  I am so happy to say that I just had a fabulous 90 minute (60 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight resistance training) workout after not being able to workout for 2 days due to surgery on my arm.  Now I'm sure you're thinking..."ummm...what's the BIG DEAL about 2 days off?!  Shouldn't you take 2 days off?!"  Well, to answer your question...YES and NO!   No working out for me meant I couldn't teach my INTENSE Wed morning bootcamp class @5am...now the sleep in was nice, but the GUILT for not being there to instruct my bootcampers and put in work with them was alittle overwhelming and then Thursday was actually fun because it meant spending the day with not only my son of course but also my parents for a bit.  It was very fun to watch my son and dad (his Paw Paw) play together on my dad's puttin green...hey!  at least I got to enjoy WATCHING them be active, right?  But I must say I actually SURVIVED taking two whole days off from physical activity and let me tell you my body in a way said "Thank You Famisha!"  I will say however, that teaching Boxing bootcamp yesterday to a room full of hardworking, fitness goal seeking warriors was tons of fun and being able to get back on it today has felt great!

So here's my point...YES...there is actually a point to all this madness!  It is OKAY to take 2 days off to let your body rest and recover.  Now if you don't exercise that day, then you must focus and be on top of your nutrition...PROPER food intake is key!  Like I always tell my clients...energy IN vs. energy OUT.  If you know you're going to go out that night and woop it up...like me and my hubby last Saturday, shout out to my bro Marlon for babysitting for me so I could FINALLY have a date night with my hubby!!  Then you make sure you start your day off right with as much calorie burn as you can for that day so that you can enjoy your self that evening.  Life is about smart choices...I chose to drink a cocktail or two on my date night so I also chose to do a 90 min workout to start my day off right so I could end my day off right with some adult fun!

One more thing, exercise doesn't mean you have to KILL yourself in the gym like I enjoy doing to myself most of the time...but it also means MOVEMENT.  Going on a bike ride with your family which I did enjoy doing last night with my hubby and son to the park OR it can mean gardening which brace yourself...I will be doing later on this beautiful morning with my son.  I am planting some more seeds in my flower gardens...that counts as exercise.  Whatever you do this weekend, just get outside and enjoy the beautiful day.  Go for a walk, bike ride, a nice run, garden, throw a frisbee, fly a kite...whatever it is...just MOVE.

So guess what I'm trying to say is...I'm feeling good today and I wish YOU the same!  Take some time to do something for your health and fitness this weekend and week...

As always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment