Thursday, April 21, 2011

MOMS! You CAN get in shape!!

Hi everyone!  Welcome to my very first blog!  If you are taking the time to read this...I thank you.  I've decided to start a fitness blog because fitness is something I'm very passionate about.  Something else I'm very passionate about is my FAMILY.  Being a mom is a FULL-TIME job.  Now if you're like me, you also work a full-time job and when you aren't doing that, your other full time job begins which is...name tag please, MOMMY.  I love being a mommy and frankly with all the things I have accomplished in my life and let me say humbly I have accomplished and done some pretty amazing things already in this lifetime...becoming a MOM is and will always be my biggest, best and proudest accomplishment ever!

As we moms all know and should try to remember there was at sometime in our life a time that we were an individual...not "oh are you Pry'nce Millman's mom?"  But rather "Hi!  I'm Famisha La'Pree (if it was for an audition) or Hi!  I'm Famisha La'Pree J-Millman if it were for work as a Personal Trainer, social gathering, what have you.  Well, now that we've established that there was life before child, I want to also let you know something else....YOU CAN STILL BE A BUSY MOM, WIFE, DAUGHTER, SISTER, ETC and be the size you want to be, feel good about yourself and most importantly be a great example to your child on how important it is to get away from the DVD, COMPUTER, VIDEO GAME, etc and actually PLAY.  Going for a walk, riding bikes, playing basketball, kicking a soccer ball or even playing tag...it's all FITNESS related.

I must say, however, that even though I work for a beautiful fitness facility and have access to some fantastic equipment at work...well, I'm lucky enough to also have a home gym.  And let me tell you...NO EXCUSES!  My four year old son has seen me work out (or as he calls it "put in work") since he was 6 months old chillin in his bouncy.  Nothing makes me prouder than having him stand next to me and imitate the exercises he sees me do in the mirror or challenge me to a "AB CRUNCH OFF!"  It is so important that we instill the importance of health and fitness to our children at a young age so they see how fun it is to MOVE and keep their joints...growing joints that is, nice and strong and healthy.

I'm going to stop now because I could go on and on...but would like to once again THANK YOU for actually taking the time to read my VERY FIRST BLOG and promise to add a PART 2 very soon on how you can make FITNESS FUN for both you and your family!  I will also be posting my YOUTUBE video soon of me and my 4 year old son working out together in my home gym and how it really is fun exercising with your child.  Not only do YOU feel good, but so does your child.

Stay Fit and Happy!
FAMISHA :-)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! I can't wait to read more. :) You're words are very motivating!

    ReplyDelete