Thursday, November 17, 2011

FITNESS IS FUN!! YES, I'M SERIOUS!

Good morning friends!  I hope you're all having an awesome morning so far!  Do I really need to tell you how my day is going?  Well, let's just say...I already had the best workout this morning because FITNESS IS FUN and am now preparing myself to have an even better afternoon bonding with my son.  Life...is...good!

So today's blog is about informing you of WHY I believe that fitness is so fun!  Now, I want you to know something...my household isn't just filled with a bunch of Fitness Freaks.  Granted, my husband used to be a Professional Extreme Athlete (BMX/Downhill Mtn Biking which can be pretty intense, have you ever seen a Downhill race?  Crazy!!) and my son LOVES going into the gym with me and working out along side me.  However, everytime I exclaim how fun fitness is my husband informs me that not everyone believes that the kind of fitness I enjoy is enjoyable to all.  In which I look at him crazy because what in the world is he talking about?!  Well, he's talking about the crazy CORE stuff I like to do in my home gym along with weights and the intense bootcamp stuff I enjoy doing.  Because as much as I LOVE fitness, I don't see how riding a bike for 2-3 hours straight is fun...which is what he enjoys.  So we're even!

What is my point you ask???  Well, my point is fitness can be defined in many different ways.  There aren't any RULES as to what one is allowed to call the "perfect" workout.  It can be dancing around in your living room while you clean...playing catch with your kid(s) outside...running and chasing your kid(s) outside...and the most obvious weight training, cardio machines, etc...  As long as you're MOVING, you are doing something good for your mind and body!

So instead of looking at your watch today and thinking "ugh, I still have to go to the gym today...I'm just way too tired...too busy...too (INSERT YOUR EXCUSE HERE)."  Decide to do something FUN that is going to involve MOVEMENT and calorie BURN...Fitness is Fun when you are doing something enjoyable.  I have heard EVERY excuse in the book from I work full-time to I have kids and need to take them to their afterschool events.  STOP MAKING EXCUSES!  From a Working Mom who is also a very involved parent who's constantly chauffering my son around (and he hasn't even started elementary school yet!) I know how busy life can get with all your different commitments.  But take FIVE to TEN minutes out of your day starting TODAY and do something for your health and fitness....MOVE!!!

Which leads me to today's video...what to do when it's raining outside???  Well, today's video gives you some fun, quick exercises that you can do at home WITH your kid(s) because promoting health and fitness at an early age can keep your child from developing health risks such as CHILDHOOD OBESITY.  I hope you enjoy it!  All you need is a couch and some fun play balls laying around the house...so get your kid(s),  grab a ball, get by the couch and let's work out!



I hope you enjoyed today's video!  Next week I promise to get back to answering questions you may have so send them my way.  FOLLOW my blog today if you haven't joined yet and have yourself an absolutely FABULOUSLY FIT DAY!  Remember...Fitness is Fun!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-) 




No comments:

Post a Comment