Thursday, April 26, 2012

WHY SHOULD I EXERCISE???

Hi friends!  Wshing everyone a fabulous day as always.  I have once again completed a FUN workout and am getting ready to face the world (WINDY world...in AZ winds are blowing crazy hard today)with my son Pry'nce.  Before I do that, I decided to do my usual blog...but keep it SHORT and SWEET today.  So here you go!

Okay, I know some of you see my title of today's blog and you think "duh!  We know WHY we should exercise Famisha!  Tell us something we don't know!"  But you know what, I know plenty of people who tell me..."I hate to sweat and my genetics will NEVER give me a flat stomach...so I'm just going to go get lipo."  Really?!  First, let me say as a Personal Trainer for many years now I have heard this from HUNDREDS...yes, I said hundreds of clients.  Guess what?!  You are NOT a prisoner of your genes!

Everyone has an area on their body that seems to just LOVE to store fat.  On most women, it's usually the hips, thighs, and stomach.  On most men, it's the mid-section.  Now, you must know that there is no such thing as "spot reducing," however, you can still do exercises that target that area COMBINED with a healthy eating plan.  So one of your main reasons to EXERCISE is it will #1 make you feel great MENTALLY once you're finished because you realize that you just did something positive for your health and fitness.  I always tell my clients who are starting with me for the first time, it's a MARATHON not a SPRINT...so don't expect to have Madonna arms after ONE workout.  But after your first 3 weeks of working out, you should definitely feel a difference MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY!

So why else should you exercise?!  Well, it will help you maintain a strong and healthy heart and increase your self-esteem and confidence.  I love seeing clients start to walk alittle bit TALLER as they start to lose inches, drop body fat and reach that weight that makes them smile.

Friends...do yourself a FAVOR.  Exercise TODAY!  Go for a walk today around your office building during your lunch break, put on one of your favorite cds or turn on your ipod and DANCE around the house as you vacuum today, crab walk around the house with your kid(s), do calf raises while sitting at your desk working on your computer, squat up and down while you brush your teeth and add side bends as well.  JUST MOVE!!!

Exercise can be ANYTHING as long as you're moving...and remember, if your "burning...you're earning!" :-)  Feel free to share on today's blog what you do today for your health and fitness.  I would love to hear!  Today, I am going to re-post the video I put on last week's blog of my 5 year old son working out in our home gym.  If you're stuck indoors today, try these exercises he demonstrates...they're fun!!
Thanks as always for reading and watching my fitness blog.  Join TODAY as a follower if you enjoy it and feel free to share with your friends.

As Always..Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment