Thursday, July 11, 2013

YUMMY...NUTRITIOUS BREAKFAST COOKIE RECIPE

Good morning friends!  I hope you are all having a FANTASTIC Summer!  I myself am trying to stay COOL since I live in Arizona with daytime highs of 113+ degrees...but I do LOVE the sunshine.  I've also enjoyed my new 4 days a week program of getting up at 4am to start my day off RIGHT with a solid workout before I take on the day of CHANGING LIVES, TOUCHING SOULS thru the Power of Fitness for my clients followed by a day of FUN with my son who is on Summer Break.  Now fortunately on Thursdays I get to "sleep in," so today's FITabulous workout started a little bit later than 4AM so I am ready to get this day going!  Before I do so, I am going to share a DELICIOUS and NUTRITOUS Breakfast Cookie recipe with all of you that one of my clients actually shared with me...and I LOVE IT!

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie

1/4 cup of Oats
2 tbsp. of Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 tsp. of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. of Vanilla
1/2 tsp. of Cinnamon
1 tbsp. of Maple Syrup
3 tbsp. of Non-fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp. of Chocolate Chips (yes...REAL ones!)

Mix everything together in a small bowl.  Gently press it down onto a microwave safe plate...or paper plate will do and microwave for ONLY 60-70 seconds.  BOOM!  You are now free to enjoy a LOW-FAT, LOW-CALORIE, HIGH PROTEIN breakfast cookie that will keep you FULL for a few hours.

Total calories are:  330 calories.  Key Macronutrients:  200 mg of Sodium, 17 grams of Protein and 2 grams of Fat.

I hope you enjoy this nutritious breakfast treat as much as I do!  I will start blogging at least ONE recipe a month for those of you looking for healthy, yet delicious foods to keep you on the road to success in accomplishing your FITNESS GOALS.

Also, I will be shooting a NEW "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" video at the end of this month to give you ideas on how to beat the heat while having fun by MOVING with your kid(s) and getting them AWAY from the video games, television and computer so they can stay ACTIVE as Summer winds down.  My 6 year old started a stretching regimen at the beginning of Summer and I'm proud to say I can see a MAJOR change in his flexibility not to mention the PRIDE I feel when my son does CHEST TO FLOOR pushups every night too!  Remember...you are NEVER too young to start a fitness program.

Now go enjoy that breakfast cookie and have a fabulously fitness filled week!  Also, if you're in the East Valley...join ME this Saturday at my Results Based Bootcamp at Cosmo Park...6AM...you WILL burn 900+ CALORIES before 8AM!!!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment