Thursday, September 12, 2013

TOP 5 REASONS TO EXERCISE!

Good morning friends!  Can you believe it's THURSDAY already?!  This week has really flown for me, but then again for what I get to do for a living which is CHANGE LIVES and TOUCH SOULS thru the POWER OF FITNESS...there is never a dull moment!  So speaking of fitness, today I'm going to blog about what I'm sure most of you feel has such OBVIOUS reasons on why it is so important to make exercise a big part of your life...and your FAMILY'S life too.

So, I am going to give you my TOP 5 Reasons of why exercise is so important.  I am going to count down from 5.  Are you ready???  Here you go!

#5...RESULTS!  Being able to see your body changing in the mirror is such an exciting time for people who have started an exercise program and maybe haven't made it a part of their life before and are questioning why they are putting themselves through such vigorous exercise programs weekly.  Inches LOST...Scale DROPPING...Bodyfat going DOWN...are all exciting outcomes of dedicating yourself to an exercise program.

#4...Sleep better at night.  Now, the recommended amount of sleep to get in nightly is 7-8 hours.  I know, I know...in my dreams right?!  Well, I am that person who used to get NO LESS than 9 hours of sleep a night, however, with a very busy lifestyle of having a busy career and a very active, involved son who has various after school activities (oh, did I mention he's ONLY 6?!), a husband to chat and enjoy time with...my average sleep at night has dropped to 6-7 hours.  Now a big part of this is also because I get up at 4AM four days a week to start my day off right with a workout BEFORE I train 10-12 clients a day.  So I CAN relate!  But make the EFFORT to get in more than 5 HOURS of sleep and if you're working out on a regular basis, sleeping at night comes easy.

#3...Be able to actually PLAY with your kids!  If you have small children (kids under the age of 12), being able to get down on the floor and build puzzles, play various games, run in the park, throw a ball, and overall CHASE your kid(s) around the house and outside is a beautiful thing.  Plus, always remember WE are remodels to our kid(s).  If we are ACTIVE, our kid(s) will be ACTIVE too.  Remember...fitness is a LIFESTYLE.

#2...Stronger HEART, LUNGS and BODY.  By moving at least 30 minutes a day, you are adding longevity to your life.  By simply WALKING, you are helping build a stronger HEART.  Whether it's running, cycling, walking, dancing, jumping on an elliptical, kick boxing, and many more types of cardiovascular exercise you are helping build not only a stronger body, but stronger heart and lungs...so MOVE!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...the #1 reason to exercise is....to DE-STRESS.  The immediate RESULT that you can get from an exercise program is what it does for you MENTALLY.  For that 30-90 minutes of your exercise for that day, you are doing something for YOU and to make a better YOU.  That is such a rewarding feeling!  For that time slot, you have no worries in the world!  It is about YOU and the immediate MENTAL rewards are a beautiful thing.

I hope you enjoyed my top 5 reasons of why you should start an exercise program TODAY.  Now remember, these are MY Top 5.  There are many more positives to incorporating an exercise program into your daily routine, but I wanted to give my Top 5.  So GET UP TODAY and start MOVING!  Don't wait for it to be "New Year's Resolution" time!  Start TODAY!

Well, speaking of movement...it is time for me to get ready to head out to my FAVORITE weekly Hot Yoga class.  I absolutely LOVE having 80 minutes dedicated to ME and no one else.  It's a beautiful feeling!  Thanks for taking the time to read my blog today and make it a FABULOUS, FAT BURNING WEEK!  Namaste...

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment