Thursday, February 27, 2014

SPRING BREAK IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER...ARE YOU READY?!!

Good morning friends!  I hope you're all doing FANTASTIC today and have a game plan on doing something POSITIVE to help your Mind, Body and Soul get STRONGER, CALMER and HEALTHIER.  As most of you know, Spring Break is coming up very fast!  If you live in Arizona like myself, the weather has already been absolutely beautiful which allows us to already wear "Spring-like clothing."  How you choose to FUEL your body with nutrition first thing in the morning sets the TONE for the rest of your day...BREAKFAST IS KEY.  Starbucks drive-thru for a high calorie, high fat scone...empty calorie frap drink or a quick donut from a donut drive-thru is going to have you CRASH fast in just an hour or so.  Believe it or not, SKIPPING BREAKFAST is even worse.  Here's the deal, your body is counting on YOU to fuel it properly with nutrients that are going to help you push thru your morning workout, business meeting or the balancing of dropping off your kids to various schools that each one may attend.  So grab a big glass of water (with lemon if you like) and a healthy carb to get that energy flowing and get out there!



Here's the thing that drives me crazy as someone who has been a Successful Fitness Professional for over 12 years and that's when people...women in particular want to look for the QUICK FIX.  What is the magic pill that can get the scale DOWN quickly?  What shake can I drink that will get my weight down?  Basically, what can I do instead of WORK HARD on my body thru FITNESS and drink plenty of WATER, fruits/veggies and monitor my SODIUM intake?!  Do yourself a favor and stop looking for the quick fix.  Once you decide to make FITNESS a LIFESTYLE, you will see the inches FALL OFF, body fat drop, scale go down and your skin will glow!  Fitness is a beautiful thing...MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY.  If you choose to workout for even just 30 minutes a day...even 10 minute increments are fine, you are not only doing something great for your BODY...but the instant gratification you get from feeling ENERGIZED and PROUD of yourself is the INSTANT RESULTS to be happy and proud of.  You will be amazed at how you start to see not only a difference in your body but in your mood and confidence as well!


So I will end with this, if your goal is WEIGHT LOSS...keep your eye on the prize!  Every choice you make, can get you either one step closer to your goal or one step back.  One thing I do tell my clients is to not associate GUILT with the food that you choose to put in your body.  If you decide you're craving a scoop of ice cream at that moment, think first "will this help me get to my fitness goal?  Or am I celebrating a weight loss and I "deserve" this?  You are not a DOG, therefore you should never REWARD yourself with food like a dog.  If you decide to still enjoy that scoop of ice cream after you think about it, then go for it!  Just make smart choices in what you fuel your body with for the rest of the day.  The key is to enjoy life and not deprive yourself!  However, if you continue to eat unhealthy choices you can't say that "working out doesn't work...it must be my metabolism...thyroid...etc, etc."  Life is about CHOICES...make a good one! 

Celebrate your JOURNEY and celebrate each 1/2 pound to 1 pound to even 2 pounds you may lose in one week.  You are getting CLOSER to your fitness goal and YOU.CAN.DO.IT!   Now, going back to my initial question...are you ready for Spring Break?  If the answer is yes and you're ready to put that bikini on...HIGH FIVE!  If the answer is NO...that's okay, start working towards warmer weather TODAY!  You can do it...yes, you can do it!


Now, GET MOVING!  I'm heading out to my favorite Hot Yoga practice, so make today a HAPPY, HEALTHY day!  I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog.

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment