Thursday, September 11, 2014

START TODAY!

Good morning friends!  I hope you're all off to a fabulous start to what can be a beautiful day.  Today I want to say "TODAY is the first day of the rest of your life that you decide to START working on your fitness goal!"  Look it's so much easier to make excuses as to why you can't workout today or eat better today.  Here's a few I hear ALL THE TIME...I haven't had a chance to go to the grocery store, I had a bunch of meetings and before I knew it the time had flown and it was time for me to go home for the day, my kid(s) has practice after school that I have to take him to, I am soooo tired, I can just do it later.  Do any of these sound familiar???  I'm sure they do!

If it were EASY, everyone would be FIT.  No one would be overweight.  Fast food restaurants would be out of business.  "Easy fix" shakes and diet pills wouldn't exist.  Personal Trainers wouldn't have a career.  Obesity rate amongst adults...and now CHILDREN wouldn't be so high.  Decide TODAY to take the other route.  The "MY HEALTH IS IMPORTANT TO ME" route.  I will take the extra time to MAKE MY LUNCH route.  I will go to the produce section in the grocery store and actually buy the fresh fruits and vegetables my Trainer talks to me about consuming on a daily basis.

It is up to YOU.  No one else.  If you are a parent, WHAT are you feeding your kid(s)?  Are they eating OUT almost every night?  Are you running them thru a drive-thru on the way to practice?  Are they snacking on fruit?  Or do they refuse to eat vegetables because it's not the NORM in your house?  Remember, as a PARENT...you make the decision on what your kid(s) are going to eat.  You BUY the food.

So START TODAY!  Today is the day that you decide to drink 64 ounces of water.  Today is the day that you decide to consume 5-6 servings of fruits and veggies.  Today is the day that you decide to STOP making excuses and MAKE THE TIME to do something for your health and fitness.  YOU.DESERVE. IT!  You deserve to be happy AND healthy!  You deserve to FEEL GOOD about the way you look!  You deserve the right to be able to run and play with your kids!  YOU ARE WORTH IT!



Okay...it's time for me to get ready to head out to my Hot Yoga practice.  One thing I will tell you, is working out is NOT an option for ME.  It's something that I have to do...not because I'm a Master Personal Trainer and it's in my "job description."  But because the immediate mental satisfaction I feel after I've done something POSITIVE for my mind and body is WORTH getting up 4 mornings a week at 3:45 AM to get in a hard work out before my 13-14 client work day.  Or getting into my car and driving to my hot yoga studio when I could just workout in my home fitness studio on my day off.  My health is important to ME.

On that note...I'm off to hot yoga...  Thanks as always for taking the time to ready my blog and be sure to start working on your fitness goal TODAY.  Namaste...

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment