Thursday, October 4, 2012

SMOOTHIES...YUMMM!

Good morning friends!  Before I head out to my favorite Hot Yoga class, I am going to blog about 2 of my favorite smoothies which one of my fabulous blog followers has asked me to do.  One is my favorite fruit smoothies that I enjoy usually for a quick lunch or great energy food after burning tons of calories after one of my Bootcamps and in desperate need for proper nutrients and FUEL.  The other is a "dessert" low-cal smoothie that is good for a nice LOW-CAL, LOW-FAT treat.

Fruit smoothie favorite:  Grab one banana, 1/2 cup of raspberries, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup cantaloupe, 1/2 cup of sliced pineapple, and 1/2 cup of blueberries.  Pour 1 cup of fresh LOW-SUGAR Orange juice into a blender along with the fruit and crush 6 to 8 ice cubes.  Blend and liquefy and BOOM!  You now have 6 SERVINGS of fruit in one meal, a 200-300 calorie Smoothie and a ton of antioxidants.  This takes only 5 minutes to do...so it's quick AND easy!  Feel free to share your smoothie with your kid(s) too.  My son LOVES to drink this smoothie with me and actually asked for me to blend one for us yesterday!

Dessert smoothie:  Grab one banana, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 cup of NON-fat milk (or you can substitute the milk for 1 cup of greek yogurt), 1 teaspoon of fat free Hersheys chocolate syrup and 1 to 2 scoops of CLEAN protein (Iso-pure is one I highly recommend).  Add 6 to 8 ice cubes along with ingredients listed and blend...liquefy.  Enjoy a DELICIOUS, healthy "dessert" tasting protein shake.  This is a good one to have if you're craving something sweet in the evening and want to still stay within 300-400 caloric intake and also notice your protein intake is low for the day.  Enjoy!

It is always best to make your own smoothies or protein shakes rather than go out and purchase one.  YOU control the calories, fat and nutrients that you want to go into your body...and you save yourself money.  Try one if not both of these TODAY and definitely share with your kid(s).  It's very important to introduce fruits AND vegetables into your kid(s) diet at an early age so they learn to enjoy healthy foods while intaking proper nutrients, which helps alleviate CHILD OBESITY.

A healthy eating lifestyle along with MOVEMENT will keep YOU and your KID(s) live a healthy and happy life!  Thanks for taking the time to read today's blog about my favorite smoothies...now get up and get moving!  I myself am headed out soon for my HOT YOGA class....NAMASTE....

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment