Thursday, November 15, 2012

THANKSGIVING MEAL CALORIES....

Good morning friends!  Since this is the month of giving THANKS and I can't even believe that Thanksgiving is already NEXT Thursday, I figured I should blog important info for you which is HOW MANY CALORIES you are about to consume next Thursday.  Hopefully after I give you this info, you will be more aware of your portion sizes or the items you choose to put on your plate for your Thanksgiving meal.  Now before I give you this info, know that I didn't list EVERY Thanksgiving food item.  I just listed the ones that I know most of my clients mention they eat on Thanksgiving...so here you go!

Turkey, serving size:  6 oz is 340 Calories.  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  35 min.  Time on Elliptical to burn it off:  56 min.

Ham, serving size:  6 oz is 300 Calories.  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  31 min.  Time on Elliptical to burn it off:  49 min.

Green bean casserole:  1/2 cup is 150 Calories.  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  23 min.  Time on Elliptical to burn it off:  37 min.

Stuffing:  1/2 cup is 180 Calories.  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  25min.Time on Elliptical to burn it off:  40min.

Mashed Potatoes:  1/2 cup is 150 Calories.  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  23min. Time on Elliptical 37 min.

Gravy:  1/2 cup is 150 Calories.  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  23min. Time on Elliptical to burn it off:  37 min.

Rolls:  1 Roll is 155 Calories (with butter).  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  25min. Time on Elliptical to burn it off:  40 min.

Cranberry Sauce:  1/2 cup is 190 Calories.  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  30min.Time on Elliptical to burn it off:  41 min.

Pumpkin Pie:  1 slice is 180 Calories.  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  25min. Time on Elliptical to burn it off:  35 min.

Pecan Pie:  1 slice is 525 Calories-YIKES!  Time on Treadmill to burn it off:  70 min.  Time on Elliptical to burn it off:  85 min.

Okay...are you in shock?  Or did you know that a Thanksgiving dinner has some of the most calories packed into it?  Which of course is why you see most people taking a NAP after consuming all that food.  So my point in giving you this info is to tell you...enjoy your Thankgiving dinner but just be aware of the amount of calories you are consuming and instead of taking your usual nap with the Football Game playing in the background, go on a nice, LONG walk with your family and enjoy the day of GIVING THANKS.

If you don't own a treadmill or elliptical machine, don't stress!  Like I suggested above...go on a nice walk with your family, take your kid(s) to the park to run around and play...just MOVE. 

Speaking of movement, I am going to be heading out the door in a few to go to my favorite HOT YOGA class and then off to run Mommy and Me Bootcamp this afternoon.  Fitness IS Fun!  And instead of sitting around saying how you wish you didn't feel so sluggish...do something about it and MOVE!

Now due to the holiday being next Thursday, I won't be blogging next week.  But I will be posting a new "Fitness is Fun with your kids!" video for the month of November next week.  Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and I wish you a very Happy and Healthy day along with a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

If you enjoy my blogs, join TODAY as a follower or follow me on Facebook on my Glisten Girls Fitness page where I share pictures of my clients in action during their workouts and/or pictures of my hardworking Mommies and Kids at my Mommy and Me Bootcamp.  I also share exciting news that my fitness studio may have with those who are looking for a Fitness Lifestyle Change.

Thanks for your continued support and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment