Thursday, November 1, 2012

HALLOWEEN CANDY HANGOVER???

Good morning friends!  I hope you are all having a fabulous one so far and aren't too tired from a night of trick or treating...for your KIDS of course!  Well, I myself am EXHAUSTED because my son had a party at our house for some of his friends and cousins before we all headed out for some trick or treating fun.  And boy did this kid CLEAN UP!  My neighborhood was serious about their candy handing out last night to where I almost want to put his Halloween bucket on my scale to see how much all this JUNK weighs!   Before you dig into your kid(s)' candy, I am going to give you some SCARY Halloween facts on how much exercise you need to do if you're lacking in will power to stay away from the goodies OR if you have already had some of last night's collection of candy.

Here you go!  These are some of the most popular candies that most people consume on or after Halloween.  If you don't see your favorite, find one that's similar and base the info off of that particular one.

20 pieces of Candy Corn equals walk/run 1 mile/2200 steps
2 caramels equals walk/run 3/4 mile/1700 steps
2 Hershey kisses equals walk/run 1/2 mile/1100 steps
Small Tootsie Roll equals 1/4 mile/550 steps
Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cup equals 1/3 mile/750 steps
Bite-size chocolate candy (Snickers, 3 Musketeers, Butterfingers, etc) equals 1/2 mile/1100 steps
Fun size chocolate candy (Snickers, 3 Musketeers, Butterfingers, 1 regular Peanut Butter Cup, etc) equals 1 mile/2200 steps

So far so good, huh?!  This isn't BAD at all, is it???!  Well, wait for it....here you go!

FULL size chocolate bars (Snickers, 2 cup package of Reese's Peanut Butter cup, etc) equals 2.75 miles/5800 steps
KING size chocolate bars (Snickers, etc) equals 5 miles/11,000 steps.

There you go!  There's the truth my friends!  What did you learn from reading this FABULOUS eye opening info this morning???  Yep!  That's right, that you need to GET UP and MOVE today!  Burn off all that candy that your kid(s) collected last night.  I myself, am headed out the door to my 90 min Hot Yoga class followed by my fun Mommy/Daddy and Me Bootcamp that I run.  It's time for a TWO-A-DAY people!  And I didn't even eat any Halloween candy!  :-)

I hope you enjoyed this info today.  Feel free to comment or ask any questions you may have.  Also, join my blog as a follower TODAY if you really like it.  I blog every week and most of the time it's on topics that people ask me about.

If you live in the Gilbert, AZ area and want to burn off some of those Halloween calories...come join me TODAY at Cosmo Park at 12noon for my Mommy/Daddy and Me Bootcamp!   If you don't have any kids or they're all in school but you still want a good workout, join me anyway.  For more info, check out my website at www.glistengirlsfitness.com.  I'm off to Hot Yoga...NAMASTE.

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment