Thursday, August 29, 2013

Light YUMMY lettuce wrap packed with PROTEIN!

Good morning friends!  I hope you are having an absolutely FABULOUS morning so far.  I myself, have had an INSANE Boxing Blast session here in my fitness studio at Glisten Girls Fitness and have knocked out over 700 calories in ONLY 45 minutes.  But enough about my workout, let's talk about a yummy light recipe I would like to share with all of you today.  Now, let me first admit that I didn't CREATE this...someone actually made this while I was at their house (I love it when people want to share HEALTHY food ideas with me when I'm over) and I just had to get the recipe!

Here you go:

1 cup chopped chicken breast
3 tablespoons chopped apples
2 tablespoons chopped grapes
2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon nonfat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons of honey
1 head of lettuce (peel off about 3-4 pieces to wrap)

Nutritional facts:  63 grams of Protein, 16 grams of Fat, 165 mg of Sodium and 486 calories

This will keep you full for 3-4 hours and is great for a light lunch or after an intense workout.  It only takes about 15 minutes MAX to make and is DEEELICIOUS!

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do and as promised, I will continue to share some of my favorite HEALTHY and low SODIUM recipes to all you friends out there! 

Be sure to get at least 30 minutes to 60 minutes of EXERCISE today.  Remember, exercise can be any type of MOVEMENT...the recommended steps everyday is 10,000 which really isn't very hard at all.  I average 18,000 a day and on BUSY life changing, soul touching personal training days I finish my day at 25,000 steps.  If you don't have time to get in 30 minutes of movement all at once, then break it up into 10 minute increments....just MOVE!

I wish you all a very Happy Labor Day Weekend!  Be safe and be sure to do something FUN to promote your health and fitness!!  I will be running my Weekend Warrior Bootcamp in Gilbert at Cosmo Park this Saturday morning at 6AM...so if you're in the East Valley and want to start your holiday weekend off with a HUGE calorie deficit, come join me!  Go to my website:  www.glistengirlsfitness.com for more details.

Stay Tuned for "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" starring my 6 year old son Pry'nce...coming SOON!

Thanks as always for taking the time to read my blog and feel free to share your comments or ask any questions you may have regarding your fitness goals.  You never know...I may speak about it next week!  Have a Happy, Healthy Week!!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment