Thursday, August 22, 2013

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SMOOTHIES???

Good morning friends!  Before I get ready to head out to Hot Yoga and see what this beautiful day has to offer me, I want to ask YOU to share your favorite, HEALTHY smoothies...

Do you have a "go-to" smoothie that you always drink for breakfast in the morning???  After a hard core workout???  At lunch for something quick and filling???  If so, let's share!

My favorite smoothie to drink after my intense Saturday morning Boot camp or a Hot Yoga class gives me my 5-6 servings of fruits wrapped into only ONE meal.  What is it you ask??

1/2 cup sliced strawberries
10 blueberries
One whole banana
1/2 cup cantaloupe
1/2 cup watermelon
1 tablespoon of non-fat vanilla greek yogurt
1 cup of coconut water. 

This has great protein in it to help repair your muscles after hard work, high source of potassium to also alleviate soreness/cramping and only 93mg of SODIUM.  This protein smoothie is only 275 calories.  This will also keep you full for at least 2-3 hours and will also give you energy!

One last thing regarding my favorite smoothie is it only takes 5 min...10 min MAX to chop up, blend and enjoy!  So if you're crunched for time and want to fuel up on proper nutrition to get your day started off right or repair muscles after a good workout...try my favorite smoothie today!

If you have a favorite smoothie that you would like to share, feel free to post it!  This blog is to help all YOU Fit Divas/Divos and people starting new fitness programs know that you can make your lifestyle a HEALTHY one!!!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my favorite smoothie and make today a Fabulously, Fitness Filled Day!  If you haven't done so yet, feel free to join my blog as a follower or sign up to receive my blog entries via email.  I'm off to Hot Yoga...NAMASTE!

Stay tuned for a new "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" video clip with my 6 year old son Pry'nce showing how FUN fitness can truly be for you and your KID(S) to get you up and moving! 

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment