Thursday, August 30, 2012

BURN SOME SERIOUS CALORIES IN ONLY 5 MINUTES!

Good morning friends!  I love my Thursdays...you know why?  Because it's my day that I actually make a point of doing something for ME, to help promote my health and fitness.  After sending my son off to school and my hubby off to work, I look forward to my 90 minute HOT YOGA class.  Now some of you think 90 minutes?!  I wish I had 90 minutes to dedicate to just ME!  Believe me, I understand!  This is the one day that I know I am not going to miss my yoga practice that not only challenges me physically, but mentally as well.  I can clear my head and focus on how my body is becoming more flexible and stronger each time I take this class, not to mention the incredible feeling of toxins leaving my body as they drip away in 102 degree yoga class.

Now as a busy Personal Trainer who dedicates her life to helping others reach fitness goals they never imagined they could accomplish and a very involved Mom and wife who enjoys her "family time" I don't have 90 minutes EVERY DAY to dedicate to ME.  So days like today are...priceless.

So since I know what it's like to be crunched for time while still wanting to do something for my health and fitness while burning as many calories as I possibly can, I have discovered a great 5 to 10 minute calorie boosting and heart rate pumping exercise program that works.  Are you ready for it???  Here you go!

In this order, complete the following:  30 Jumping jacks followed by 30 Quick kicks (kicking your foot as though you're trying to push open a door at waist height) each leg, 20 Push ups (modified on your knees is fine, just be sure to push your chest down to touch the floor), 60 second Mountain climbers, 30 Prisoner squats (feet hip width apart, feet straight and hands up on back of the head with elbows facing out...squat to a 90 degree angle), 30 seconds of High Knees and 60 second Prone-iso abs (Plank on forearms with toes up and legs straight, squeeze those glutes and pull that belly button to your spine).  Recover to 60-90 seconds...if you have 10 minutes, repeat all the above.  If you only have 5 minutes, YOU'RE WELCOME for the "Quick fix Workout!"

Remember, you don't have to carve out hours and hours of time everyday to dedicate to your health and fitness.  Take 5 to 10 minutes everyday to do something to get your body MOVING.  Your mind and body will thank you for it...and so will your loved ones!

Feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have...I love that!  Also, be sure to have a happy, healthy holiday weekend and stay ACTIVE.  I will blog again before next Thursday to give some more recipe tips on HEALTHY DESSERT substitutes that pack in yummy flavors without all the unnecessary fat and high calories.

If you haven't done so yet, please join my blog as a follower or you may follow me on twitter @FITDIVAFAMISHA or sign up to receive my blogs via email.  Thanks as always for taking the time to read my thoughts...have a FABULOULY FIT DAY!!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment