Thursday, August 9, 2012

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY....

Good morning friends!  So for those of you who read last week's blog know, this is officially the FOURTH day of my "baby" being a kindergartener.  How is he doing you ask?  Well, today he said "let's go! let's go!  I want to go to big kid's school, Mommy...daddy!"  Which means, he is LOVING going to school!  As most of you parents know, there is no better feeling than seeing your child excited about learning and making new friends.  That part is fresh and exciting for me as a Mom...but I still found myself a bit anxious this morning when I left him once the bell rang and he anxiously lined up with his class to go "learn for the day!"  Now let me tell you, for the last four days and especially today I have had thee BEST workouts!  Exercise is one of the best DE-stressors in the world!  Not to mention, I'm not trying to lose weight because I have literally been at the same weight for the last 20 years of my life give or take being down maybe 5 lbs here and there (depending on the season) and of course the 30+ pounds I gained during my pregnancy...but I'm down 3lbs this week!  Why you ask?!  Because of the grasping with the fact that my "baby" is no longer a "baby" but instead a kindergartner now!  Dramatic?  YEP!

So today I decided that rather than speak on a topic or answer a blog question which I LOVE to do, I just want to give you my thought for the day.  My thought for the day is...make health and fitness a PRIORITY in your life, starting TODAY.  In order to be able to take care of your loved ones and all of the people who count on you on a day to day basis to perform to the best of your ability whether it be in your career job or your job as a homemaker...start TODAY.  By fitting exercise into your daily routine, it will not only help you feel great mentally but the EXTRA CREDIT you receive by your clothes starting to fit a bit loser and the scale FINALLY moving downwards is such a great feeling.

Don't make EXCUSES today!  If you convince yourself that you're "too tired" to jump on the treadmill, to go to your favorite exercise class, go on your nightly walk or just do some jumping jacks followed by squats and ab crunches; you will just be putting yourself one step behind.  So do something POSITIVE for your health and fitness today.

I would love to hear what you do today for your health and fitness, so please feel free to share with myself and my blog followers.  It can be something as simple as:  you cleaned your house today...you danced with your music blasting to 3 of your favorite songs...you went for a swim in your pool...ANYTHING.  Trust me, you will be glad you did!

Next week, I will be back to answering your blog questions and will also post pictures of proper form for lunges along with the latest and greatest "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" video.  Thanks so much for your continued support and for listening to me ramble on and on about my son starting kindergarten.  :-)  Make today a Happy, Healthy Day and have a Fabulous Fitness Filled Week!!

If you haven't done so yet, please join my blog as a follower TODAY or follow me on twitter @FITDIVAFAMISHA for fitness tips of the day or motivational thoughts to get you moving!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment