Thursday, March 22, 2012

START YOUR FITNESS PROGRAM TODAY!!!

Hi Friends!  So today I want to talk about never putting something off until "tomorrow" because you never know what the future may hold for you...meaning don't procrastinate and say "Oh, I'll join the gym TOMORROW" or "I'll go to that yoga class TOMORROW"  "I will hire that trainer TOMORROW"  "I'll stop smoking TOMORROW" "I'll play with my kids TOMORROW" etc, etc...

Here's the deal my friends, LIFE is precious and if you have a goal for yourself to start living a much HEALTHIER life and spending more time with your loved ones then start it TODAY.   Last Friday, I almost had my life taken away from me by a negligent driver.  By having to REST my body as I recover and NOT be allowed to workout per both my doctors this week, it has allowed me time to reflect on my life.  I am truly blessed with such a wonderful family, friends and many acquaintances that are or have been a huge part of my life.  Let me tell you...I didn't realize how much a HUGE part of my life FITNESS was until this recent event occurred in my life.

When you are a SELF-PROCLAIMED FITNESS FREAK like myself, hearing the words "you CAN'T exercise, your body needs to heal" is like telling a Chocolate Lover.."you can go into that Chocolate Factory but you can't have a bite of any chocolate!"  It's been hard not being able to do what I love MOST (besides hanging out with my beautiful family of course) and that's CHANGE LIVES and TOUCH SOULS THRU THE POWER OF FITNESS.  This week has been a rough one, dealing with the intense pain in my neck and back and walking around like I'm in my 90s...all bent over!   But you know what??!  I have my LIFE and that is one thing that helps get me through a week of ZERO FITNESS...I know that I will eventually heal and will be able to do what I love again which is EXERCISE, PLAY WITH MY SON, BIKE RIDE WITH MY HUBBY and TRAIN MY AWESOME CLIENTS one on one and at my various bootcamps.

So what is today's blog really all about you ask???  Really...it's just to say that I love FITNESS...but even more so...I LOVE MY LIFE! 

Please don't put off your fitness goal and shove it onto tomorrow's "TO-DO LIST."  Instead, carve out maybe 5-10 minutes throughout the day and do something positive for your health and fitness.  Even if it's giving yourself a good stretch, going for a walk around your office building, throwing a frisbee with your kid(s), flying a kite with your kid(s), taking a Yoga class, or just going for a walk and stopping to smell the roses.  JUST DO IT!

Today, I decided to post my video with my son Pry'nce and I demonstrating various stretches that you should try and do today.  I figure besides icing along with the heating pad and physical therapy sessions...MAYBE I can try and do a few of the stretches that we demonstrate as I heal from my accident.  Enjoy the video!
Hope you enjoyed today's video and blog.  Thanks as always for taking the time to read and watch my video/fitness blog!  And remember...sign up to become a follower of my blog TODAY if you enjoy it!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

2 comments:

  1. We love you Famisha!!!! Hope you can heal soon because you are a LIGHT to all your clients, in all your classes, I am truly BLESSED to have known you..... It is a pleasure to learn with you, and I agree, I also became to LOVE fitness... it is a WAY of LIFE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vanessa for your sweet words. I'm looking forward to getting back to work...hopefully SOON, so I can get back to CHANGING ALL YOUR LIVES & TOUCHING ALL YOUR SOULS THRU THE POWER OF FITNESS! Stay Fit and Happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete