Thursday, September 6, 2012

Craving something SWEET??? Go healthy!

Hello my friends!  I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.  I certainly enjoyed my holiday weekend which was kicked off with a high calorie burning Bootcamp ran by yours truly on my usual Saturday morning at Cosmo Park in Gilbert.  That was followed by 3 days of FAMILY FUN!  Now that things have settled back to my normal routine of changing lives and touching souls thru the POWER OF FITNESS for my clients everyday, doing 45 minutes (really 45 minutes?!!) of homework with my 5 year old son every day after school and enjoying family time every evening when my husband gets home from work...I realized that I needed to blog today.  Wow!  It's Thursday already?!  Which means it's also HOT YOGA day!  Yea!!  So before I head out to sweat it out and see how strong my body feels today, I would like to tell you about one of my favorite "desserts" that I enjoy having if I'm craving something sweet but want to stay HEALTHY.

Fruit, fruit and more fruit!  Okay here is something that I find yummy and have suggested to my clients many times when they want to have ICE CREAM or something else filled with fat and high in sugar before their bedtime.  Here is what I like to make: 

Slice up a 1/2 cup of strawberries, 1/2 cup of raspberries, 1/2 cup of sliced pineapples and sprinkle half a cup of blueberries on top.  Put your fruit into a dessert sized bowl.  Now grab a container of FAT FREE whipped cream and scoop a DALLOP (which means one spoonful) on top of the bowl of fruit and ENJOY!!  This is a sweet (but natural sugars which your body needs) but LOW CALORIE, delicious dessert.

Here's the deal...there are plenty of healthy choices out there that you and your loved ones can enjoy and still save in calories and fat grams.  So if you're craving something sweet tonight or even later on this afternoon...try this!  I bet you'll enjoy it about as much as I do.

Feel free to post any questions or comments you may have.  If you're currently on a fitness journey...I would love to hear all about it and what you've accomplished so far in your journey.  If you enjoy my blog, join TODAY as a follower, sign up to receive it via email or follow me on twitter @FITDIVAFAMISHA.  Also, if you're looking for a fun, inexpensive, no CONTRACT, high calorie burning bootcamp or are seeking some professional assistance in your fitness program...check out my website www.glistengirlsfitness.com to learn more about my business Glisten Girls Fitness.

Next week, I will post September's "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" video so stay tuned...  Have a WONDERFUL day and please do something to promote your health and fitness.  Your mind and body will thank you later!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment