Thursday, May 9, 2013

You CANNOT spot reduce!

Good morning friends!  Today I want to simply let all of you know who still aren't aware that unfortunately...you CANNOT spot reduce.  A friend of mine asked me if this was possible which led me to feel the need to blog real quick to let all of you know that...YES!  You can lose bodyfat, inches and weight if you work hard!  But in order to see a change in your body, you must make sure you are getting PROPER food intake.  80% of your RESULTS are based on what type of "fuel" you are putting into your body.  An example I like to use with my clients all the time is "would you put regular unleaded gas into a BENTLEY?"  NO!  You would put Premium gas into that luxury automobile.  So think of yourself as the LUXURIOUS person that you are and get in 5-6 servings of fruits/veggies a day along with 64 OUNCES minimum of water a day.

Also, CARDIO which is something I know you all LOVE is something that is very key to losing weight.  30 minutes 4-5 days a week is a MUST....do it in 10 minute intervals if you can't do it all at one time.  Remember, there are other forms of cardio besides RUNNING that can still get your heart rate up and fat burning in those 30 minutes.  I'll blog about those different forms another time.

Finally, WEIGHT RESISTANCE TRAINING IS A MUST!!!  Over the years of my career of being a Professional Life Changer (Personal Trainer), I have had so many women say to me "I don't want to get big and bulky."  Well, you can't!  Unless you're taking some sort of illegal substance...or legal that focuses on building SIZE, it's not possible.  Weight/Resistance training is the BEST!  It's the best way to sculpt your body and truly see your body transform.  Remember though...wherever you store your fat the most on your body is going to be the HARDEST and usually LAST place to come off.  So stay POSITIVE and continue to put in the work.  It WILL pay off!!  One last thing regarding weight training is that after you weight train, your body burns even MORE calories at rest.  So get in at least 3 days of weight training a week.

Hope this helps give you a better understanding of how you CANNOT spot reduce but can definitely TRANSFORM your body (which eventually includes that "problem" area).  PROPER FOOD INTAKE, CARDIO and WEIGHT RESISTANCE TRAINING!  So get up and get out there and get it done!

For all you Mommies out there, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  I hope you are treated this Sunday extremely special while making it a Happy, Healthy Mother's Day Weekend! 

If you live in the East Valley area and want to get a jumpstart on your HIGH CALORIE BURNING weekend, come join me at my Boot camp THIS Saturday at 6:30AM.  Start your day off right!  ALL Fitness Levels are welcome!  Check out my website:  www.glistengirlsfitness.com for more details.

I'm off to HOT YOGA...Namaste... 

'Til next time friends!

Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment