Thursday, March 27, 2014

YOU are responsible for 24 hours/7 days a week when it comes to reaching YOUR Fitness Goal!

Good morning friends!!  And what a BEAUTIFUL morning it is.  It's a GREAT day to get in shape!  Today is going to be short and sweet...frankly, to the point.  In my profession as a Professional Life Changer (ie:  Master Personal Trainer), it becomes a broken record of repeating constantly to clients...what YOU do the other 23 hours of the day that you're NOT with me is either going to help guide you on the right path to success in achieving your fitness goal OR it's going to hold you back from reaching it as quickly as you would like.

It's very simple.  As a Fitness Freak, I don't need to have someone telling me to work hard in my workouts...to get up and workout...to get in my car so I can push myself hard in Hot yoga...to wake up at 3:50AM EVERYDAY for my own personal workout.  I JUST DO IT!  WHY do I do it???  Because Fitness is a very IMPORTANT part of my life.  I like the way I feel when I'm pushing myself to the limit.  I like seeing my muscle definition when I perform exercises.  I like how my clothes fit.  I like being a great example to my son of how to live a HEALTHY life.  I like having my husband PROUD to have me on his arm.  I like being able to run, jump and play with my son.  THESE are all very important, yet simple reasons why I am self-motivated to workout and EAT RIGHT.

Now fortunately, not EVERYONE is like me or I wouldn't have the successful career that I have had for over 12 years now.  But what is nice, is to see clients that work with me over the years become more CONFIDENT, get their eating habits together, be able to PLAY with their kid(s), get their spouse and kid(s) involved in a fitness program...yes, THIS is a very rewarding job!

But one thing ALL OF YOU must remember...especially if you do work with a Personal Trainer, it is not OUR fault as a Fitness Professional if you choose to eat UNHEALTHY during the day.  Not consuming 5-6 servings of fruits/veggies a day or drink 64 ounces of water a day.  I mean, I have heard EVERY excuse in the book!  "The scale is up because YOU have me drinking so much water."  "YOU don't understand how busy I am Famisha!"  "I don't have time to do cardio on my OFF day."  I could seriously go on and on.  Look, if YOU want it bad enough...YOU MAKE THE TIME.  You put healthy, nutritious snacks in baggies (it's NOT hard), you prepare your week's meals on Sunday nights, you wake up BEFORE your spouse and kid(s) to workout and have your "me" time.  You drink WATER instead of DIET COKE, Starbucks, iced tea, etc...etc..  It's up to YOU...NO ONE ELSE.

YOU are responsible for 24 hours a day/7 days a week of achieving SUCCESS on achieving your Fitness Goal.  Stop making excuses!  Stop being mad at your Trainer because he/she IS disciplined!  Stop hoping and wishing for that MAGIC PILL!  Get up...get moving...and FUEL your body properly.  It is up.to.YOU!!!

So I hope you take what you read today and take a look in the mirror and ask yourself "how IMPORTANT is my fitness goal to ME???"  If it's important, then step up and make the decision to do everything possible to reach it!  BE HONEST with yourself!  And don't log ONLY the healthy food you want your trainer to see that you ATE...the scale doesn't LIE.  So be honest.  Don't point the finger at anyone else...but YOURSELF.  YOU.CAN.DO.IT!!

It's time for me to do some foam rolling before I head out to my favorite Hot Yoga practice, so make today the day you grab onto the reins and say "I WILL do everything possible to make TODAY a successful day of getting one step closer to MY fitness goal."  I know YOU CAN DO IT!

Thanks as always for taking the time to read my blog...NAMASTE...

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment