Thursday, October 18, 2012

HELP! How do I drop water weight??!!

Good morning friends!  Before I'm off to an extremely ACTIVE and busy day, I want to answer a blog question from one of my fabulous blog followers which is:  "Help!  How do I drop water weight the day after an all day beer and pizza football watching day??!"

Well, I'm going to make this short and sweet!  It's very simple, it's okay to have that occassional day that you stray slightly away from your normal healthy eating day and just consume WHATEVER you want.  When my clients do this, I don't have to worry about them slipping back into bad habits because the heavy, bloated feeling they have the next day along with a "Reality Check Weigh in" is enough to remind them that it probably wasn't a good idea to consume all that "crap" the day before.

So here are the healthy foods that I recommend you consume in your big DETOX the day after a SALTY, SODIUM intake day.  #1...drink NO LESS than 64 ounces of water the day after.  Now, I expect my clients to consume 64 ounces of water EVERYDAY but the day after this type of sodium filled day the MINIMUM amount of water intake should be 64 ounces...anything over that is a WIN!  Now, I like to add slices of LEMON to my water.  Adding lemon to your 64 ounces of water is great because it's high in Vitamin C and by adding it, it will cause more frequent urination.  Hence, dropping water weight.

#2...Store up on Watermelon.  It contains a great deal of antioxidants along with Vitamin A and C.  Also, Pineapple, Honeydew, Grapes and Canteloupe.  By consuming these particular fruits, you not only consume plenty of vitamins but they also have a high fluid content which will help with frequency of urination and reduce water weight.

#3...Three of my top vegetables in aiding in water weight reduction are Celery, Green Beans and Cucumbers.  All three are high in the water nutrients enzyme erepsin helping in the digestion of proteins, include vitamin A and C as well as a great deal of potassium and calcium.

#4...Add Herbs and Spices to flavor your food instead of salt or salty seasonings high in sodium.  By doing this, it will also help in getting rid of water weight gain.

Finally, the most OBVIOUS solution is EXERCISE.  By performing 45-60 minutes of exercise daily you will lose the water weight.  So let me sum it up for you my friends...if you slip up in your diet and decide to woop it up with an all day Beer/Pizza bonanza, don't beat yourself up with guilt and give up on your Fitness Goal.  Consume the fruits and veggies I suggested above and MOVE!  You WILL drop the water weight and will feel better about yourself while you do it!

Feel free to share any thoughts or comments you may have about this blog.  Thanks as always for taking the time to read my thoughts and advice to all you FABULOUS followers.  Now...I'm off to go CHANGE MY LIFE and TOUCH MY SOUL thru the POWER OF FITNESS!  Remember, if you're still on Fall Break with the kids and looking for something fun and ACTIVE to do, come to my Mommy/Daddy and Me Bootcamp TODAY at 11:30am at Cosmo Park...only $10 CASH and 45 minutes of FITNESS FUN!  If you can't make it...that's okay, just be sure to do something to promote your health and fitness TODAY!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment