Thursday, November 29, 2012

DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO WORKOUT??? NO PROB!

Good afternoon friends!  So today is absolutely BEAUTIFUL here in sunny Arizona and I just enjoyed running my LAST Mommy/Daddy and Me Bootcamp for 2012.  Let me to tell you, these Mommies who come to my Bootcamps PUT.IN.WORK!!!  Today was so much fun!  They did bear crawls up the hill with their little ones on their back, crab walks with their little ones riding on their tummies and much, much more!  You hear me...or I guess "read me" saying it every week, but I mean it when I say FITNESS IS FUN WITH YOUR KIDS!  Why can't both you and your kids decide to be healthy and active???  The best part is your kid is laughing and having fun so they don't feel like exercising is a "chore!"  I absolutely LOVE IT!!

So today, I'm going to be quick...I'm going to speak to those of you sitting at home right now reading this who are saying "I just don't have TIME to workout today.  I'm sooo busy!"  Now if you train with me, you know that the EXCUSE "I'm busy" when saying it to me, gets my heart rate up!  If anyone knows about being BUSY...it's ME!  So MAKE.THE.TIME to MOVE!  I'm going to give you a quick, 10 minute workout that you can do RIGHT NOW!  So are you ready????  GET UP!  Here you go...

First, do 50 Jumping jacks counting aloud, followed by 30 Prisoner squats (squat down with your feet straight and hip width apart with your hands touching your ears and elbows out to the side), next lay on the floor on your back...feet flat and knees bent with your hands gently supporting your neck and do 30 Ab crunches (NOT sit-ups, do crunches...your shoulders come off the floor as you exhale and act as though you are pushing your belly button to your spine), next do 60 Mountain climbers (30 each leg)...palms down on the floor as you bring opposite knee into your chest as high as you can...BREATHE, stand up, arms at your sides up by your shoulders do 50 arm circles forward and 50 arm circles backward...LOVE THAT BURN in your shoulders, drop back down and do 15 Push-ups exhaling as you push your body up (if you can't do full extension on your toes, then drop to your knees and do NOT cross your ankles with a wide grip...hands wider than shoulder width), finally 30 second Plank...hold this!  Count aloud to 30...you're on your forearms and up on your toes with your belly button pulled to your spine (modified is on your knees and shift your body forward as you hold).  REST FOR ONE MINUTE and REPEAT 3 times.

So to summarize it's 50 Jumping jacks, 30 Prisoner squats, 30 Ab crunches, 60 Mountain climbers, 50 arm circles forward, 50 arm circles backward, 15 Push ups, and 1 30 second Plank.  3 sets total.  YOU'RE WELCOME FOR THE 150-200 calorie burn that you just did in your 5 to 10 minute workout!

Don't make excuses!  Decide to do something positive for your health and fitness starting TODAY not January 1st.  It's never too early or too late to start doing something to help you and your family live a HEALTHIER and HAPPIER life!

Next week, I will post some fun pics from my 2012 Mommy/Daddy and Me Bootcamps and will also post the HOLIDAY "Fitness IS Fun with your Kids!" video of my son Pry'nce and I.

Make TODAY and the rest of your week...a Happy, Healthy one!  Thank you as always for taking the time to read my blog!!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment