Thursday, September 5, 2013

FULL BODY CIRCUIT YOU CAN DO FOR ONLY 30 MINUTES...

Good morning friends!  I hope you all had a very Happy Labor Day and MOVED your body over the 3 day holiday weekend.  Now...it's back to the REAL world of our very busy, hectic lifestyles, right?!  Well, today I'm going to blog quickly about a question I was asked yesterday which is "Famisha, what is a full body circuit that I can do for only 30 minutes?"  Now, most of us are crunched for time and the thought of an hour in the gym can be overwhelming.  So let me help you get the most out of a quick, productive 30 minute workout.  Ready?  Here you go!

Okay, I believe that you should BURN as many calories as possible when you work out and the best way to do that is with bursts of cardio and working EVERY muscle in your body.  So here's my GO-TO CIRCUIT:

Warm-up with 200 Jumping Jacks (at your own pace and remember to BREATHE)
20 Push-ups (modified are fine if you can't do full extension on your toes, just make sure you're on your knees and do NOT cross your ankles).
Plank hold for 30 seconds...or 3 sets of a 10 second hold (in a prone position, bring your body up onto your forearms and up on your toes.  If you have to stay on your knees...that's fine.  Keep your neck straight by looking down at the floor and BREATHE)
2 sets of 20 reps of Squat to Bicep Curl to Shoulder Press with 8 to 10lb free weights
High knees in place for 60 seconds while pumping your arms
2 sets of 20 reps of Tricep dips off a flat bench (bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor as you dip down while bending your elbows and push your body back up by straightening your arms
Mountain Climbers for 60 seconds
Cool down with 5 minutes of walking on the treadmill at a 3-3.3 RPM or 3 laps around the basketball court.
YOU.DID.IT!

I hope you enjoy your workout and can now enjoy the rest of your day knowing you did something positive to promote your health and fitness.  You also are one step CLOSER to getting to your fitness goal!

Continue asking me fitness questions and I will do my best to blog about them on my Blog Thursdays.  We will be heading into holiday season SOON so it's even more important to get into a fitness routine NOW before the parties begin...

If you enjoy my blog and haven't done so yet, join TODAY as a follower or sign up to receive my blogs via email.  As I always mention, if you live in the East Valley and want to burn 800-1000 calories...come to my Boot camp THIS Saturday at 6AM at Cosmo Park.  For more details, go to my website www.glistengirlsfitness.com.

"Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" video coming SOON! :-)  I wish you all a very Fabulous, Fitness Filled Week...now I've got to go get ready to head out to my favorite Hot Yoga practice.  Namaste my friends...

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment