Wednesday, November 23, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FRIENDS! Important calorie info...

Hi Fitness Friends!!  This will be a quick blog...I promise!  I first and foremost want to thank my loyal followers that follow my blog and I hope to gain even more followers in the near future.  I am very thankful for you taking the time to read my blog every week and watch my video blogs of Pry'nce and I showing you how FUN fitness can be!

Since tomorrow is a holiday, I thought I'd give you a bit of info on the calories you are about to ENJOY tomorrow and the amount of time you must spend to burn them off.  I know, I know...first I did this to you at Halloween and now Thanksgiving?!  And the answer is, YES!  That's what I'm here for my friends, I'm here to keep it real!

Okay so I'm just going to touch on a few of the popular Thanksgiving items that most of you will be enjoying along with the quality time with your family...here we go!  TURKEY...6 oz serving size is 340 calories, time spent to burn off on treadmill is 35minutes if on elliptical 56minutes, HAM...6 oz serving size is 300 calories, time spent to burn off on treadmill is 31minutes if on elliptical 49minutes, STUFFING...1/2 cup serving size is 180 calories, time spent to burn off on treadmill is 18minutes if on elliptical 39 minutes, MASHED POTATOES...1/2 cup serving size is 150 calories, time spent to burn off on treadmill is 15minutes if on elliptical 25minutes, DINNER ROLLS...1 roll is 155 calories (with butter), time spent to burn off on treadmill is 15minutes if on elliptical is 24minutes, CRANBERRY SAUCE...1/2 cup serving size is 190 calories time spent to burn off on treadmill is 20minutes if on elliptical is 31minutes, GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE...1/2 cup serving size is 150 calories, time spent to burn it off on treadmill is 23minutes if on elliptical is 37minutes, GRAVY...1/2 cup serving size is 150 calories, time spent to burn it off on treadmill is 15minutes if on elliptical 25minutes, PUMPKIN PIE...1 piece is 180 calories, time spent to burn it off on treadmill is 18 minutes if on elliptical 30minutes, and lastly MY FAVORITE...yes, I do actually have a favorite!  I'm human too people...PECAN PIE...get ready for it...it's pretty bad...1 piece is 525 calories!!!  time spent to burn it off on treadmill is 55min if on elliptical 70minutes.

So there you go my friends!  I know I probably left out more items that some of you may add to the mix, like HOMEMADE MAC N CHEESE, SWEET POTATOES, etc, etc...but I don't want to ruin your Thanksgiving, I just want to give you a heads up!  So now that you know what you will need to do to burn off all of those delicious calories you're going to enjoy tomorrow...enjoy!  Just be sure to get in some time for exercise...rather than sit on the couch and take a nap after consuming all that food, GO FOR A WALK..if it's a beautiful day outside, if not, just know you need to work out the next day.

I hope I didn't freak too many of you out today with these stats, but I just want to do my job as your FIT DIVA and give you the scoop on the calories in vs calories out.  I want to wish each and every one of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy this time with your family and take a moment to be thankful for all the things that matter in life...most importantly your health and fitness.  By staying healthy, you can actually enjoy spending time with your family...and live longer.

No video blog tomorrow due to the holiday, but I will see you next Thursday for a new blog and video!  Please JOIN TODAY as a follower if you haven't done so yet. Thanks for reading and once again, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Time for me to go work out so I can burn those calories I'll be consuming tomorrow! ;-)

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

3 comments:

  1. This FIT DUDE is going to practice moderation on Thanksgiving so he doesn't offset the six pounds he's lost the past few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the helpful info! Starting out my day at the gym and taking the boot camp class. I'm glad I'm not ahuge fan of all the thanksgiving food but I'm sure I'll still consume more than I should. I look forward to seeing you friday to burn it off. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey FIT DUDE Eric! I am beyond proud of your weightloss...keep it up! Yes, you can still enjoy your holiday meal and maintain your current weight, just MOVE! Plus, I expect to see you at my Boxing Bootcamp this Friday to burn it off!

    -Unknown, you're very welcome! Great idea to start your Thanksgiving morning off with an intense bootcamp. Be ready for Friday...no LESS than 500 calories will be burned!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you both! Stay Fit and Happy!

    ReplyDelete