Thursday, May 31, 2012

HOW DO I WARM UP BEFORE WEIGHT TRAINING....

Good afternoon my friends!  Hope everyone is having a beautiful day so far and is staying as COOL as possible...it's OVER 100 degrees today in Arizona to which I say "HELLO SUMMER!"  Now hopefully, you have also managed to find the time to get in some exercise today or plan on later this evening when it cools down.  I myself, had a very quick weight training session this morning before having to get my son dressed and ready for some movie fun and a day of running all over town...

Which leads me to today's blog topic which one of my blog followers asked me which is "how do you do a quick warm-up before lifting weights if you don't have access to cardio equipment?"  So I'm going to answer this question for you and probably shock you with one of my shortest blogs yet!

So here's your answer!  Take it back to old school PE class...I'm talking arm circles!  Bring your arms out straight to your side and roll your shoulders and arms forward 20 times and backward 20 times to get the circulation flowing in your arms.  Then do a quick jog in place while pumping your arms for 30-60 seconds.  After that, go into a squat stance and do some cross punches...25 punches each way and follow that with 25 jumping jacks.  Lastly, do at least 20 push-ups (modified on your knees is fine) and guess what??!  YOU ARE WARM AND READY TO ROCK YOUR WEIGHT SESSION!

Remember my friends, exercise should be fun and easy.  You don't have to belong to a gym or own a home gym to be able to tighten and tone up your body.  Which leads me to this...I know I promised a new "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" video for today, but I've gotta be honest; we enjoyed our 3 day holiday weekend with NON-STOP activity of going bike riding all over town to going to an awesome Wildlife World Zoo.  So I promise THIS weekend we will officially shoot our June "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" video in which Pry'nce and I will cover our favorite exercises for the month of June.

Thank you for reading today's blog and I hope this helps give you ideas on how to get warm before your next weight training session.  If you enjoy my blog, please join today as a FOLLOWER and check me out on twitter (FITDIVAFAMISHA) in which I post updates on upcoming Bootcamps and Fitness ideas as well.  Summer IS here my friends so get MOVING!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment