Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Good morning friends and HAPPY 2014!!!!  Today marks the 2nd day of a NEW year with new goals, dreams and accomplishments that WILL be had.  Now, I'm not that person who sets a "New Year's Resolution" because I believe in setting goals for myself throughout the year rather than WAIT for a new year to hit.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those of you who do decide that when the clock strikes midnight and you roll into a new year...THIS will be the year you accomplish A,B,C.  More power to you! 

Now, 2014 represents the 12th year I have had the honor to CHANGE people's LIVES thru the POWER of FITNESS.  I have now been a Fitness Professional holding many credentials and brag worthy achievements IN the fitness industry for 12 years.  WOW!!  Time certainly does fly when you're having fun!  Since I've been working in this industry for so long, I have seen how PACKED the gym is at the beginning of the year...EVERYBODY decides THIS is the year that they will lose those extra baby weight pounds, "Freshman 15," Happily married pounds, run a half-marathon, try out for a sports team, NOT let a special condition (ie:  arthritis, fibromyalgia, etc) keep them from MOVING goals.  And I say...GREAT!  Set that goal for yourself and know that YOU.CAN.DO.IT!

If you have weight to lose, set short and realistic goals for yourself to avoid getting frustrated.  Celebrate the journey not the FINAL OUTCOME because anything you set your mind to CAN and WILL be accomplished if you stay focused and have the right guidance in getting you there.

This time of year is definitely a busy one for me personally because I have my current AMAZING clients who have decided to make fitness a part of their lifestyle and then I always start working with new clients who are ready to MAKE.IT.HAPPEN!  To the new clients starting with me I say "hold on to your seatbelts, you are in for one FUN, SELF ACCOMPLISHING, FAMAZING ride!"

Make 2014 a year that you give yourself credit on a DAILY BASIS.  No one is perfect...if you don't have an HOUR to workout today, that's okay!  Move for 10 minutes today...every little bit COUNTS!
You can do something positive for your health from the comfort of your home.  Just move!  If you are looking for professional guidance and don't want to leave your home, look into Virtual Training.  I provide this service to clients all over the United States.  It's a CUSTOMIZED program that caters to YOUR lifestyle.  If you want more information on this, you may email me at famisha@glistengirlsfitness.com.  If you live  in the East Valley and are looking for an affordable yet RESULTS BASED group environment, come join ME this Saturday (January 4th) at my Outdoor Boot camp located at Cosmo Park (2502 E. Ray Road) in Gilbert at 7AM.  There are many options out there!

I now have to get ready to head out to my favorite Hot Yoga practice which I'm sure will be packed with New Year's resolutioners, so let me leave you with this before I head out....decide TODAY to make 2014 a HEALTHIER, HAPPIER YOU!!!  YOU are worth it!  Some days WILL be hard, yet rewarding...so NEVER GIVE UP!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my first blog of 2014!!  Next week, my son Pry'nce and I will be shooting our first "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" video of 2014, so stay tuned...Namaste...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment