Thursday, January 9, 2014

It's a GREAT day to GET IN SHAPE!!!!

Good morning friends!  I hope you are all having an absolutely FABULOUS start of the NEW YEAR!  Have you started a new workout routine?  New plan of drinking 64 ounces of water each day?  New goal to SMILE more often?  Doesn't matter what it is...make each and every day a day that you do something to have a HAPPIER, HEALTHIER day!  Now as I mentioned last week, I am not a big believer in making a "New Year's Resolution."  I personally like to make small GOALS for myself throughout the year.  Rather than put pressure on myself to do something for ONE month and make it happen, I take joy in setting small ones throughout the year.  How about YOU?

So for those of you who have decided to commit to making 2014 a year of being FIT and FABULOUS, how is that going?  Remember, being FIT doesn't just happen over night.  Celebrate the JOURNEY...celebrate the sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT of getting through 10 minutes of something you have never done before...EVERY STEP towards your fitness journey counts!

Now, I'm human just like the rest of you...there are mornings that I think "hmm...you don't really need to get up at 4AM today and work out, just do it after your last late afternoon client."  Then I say, "Nope!  I am going to be so glad I started my day off right with a high calorie burn and now have tons of energy to get ready to change my clients lives starting with my 6AM client."  And you know what???  It takes me 10 minutes into my workout before I start to feel those endorphins kick in and that great feeling of knowing that not only will I see the RESULTS on the outside but INSTANTLY my mind is clear and stress free because I have had my workout for the day.

Fitness is a LIFESTYLE...not a FAD.  So don't expect a 6 pack in a week...don't expect to drop 10lbs in a week...this isn't the Biggest Loser, this is REAL LIFE.  Every day that you do something to promote your health and fitness, you bring yourself one step CLOSER to a Healthier, Happier YOU!

This picture is what I tell myself EVERYDAY....

 
The bottom line is, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.  So if you want to become more FIT, saying "I'll start TOMORROW because I'm just too busy today," will not get you there.  Even if it's just for 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes or more a day...YOU have helped yourself get one step closer to YOUR Fitness Goal!
 
If you're on Facebook and want to join in on a fun, GET RIPPED ABS Challenge that I started this past Monday..."LIKE" the Glisten Girls Fitness Facebook page and do the AB workout for the day and then post "DONE!" once you have completed it for the day.  You must do all the sets and they only take about 10 minutes to complete, so have FUN with it! 
 
If you live in the East Valley, join ME this Saturday for my Outdoor Boot camp located at Cosmo Park in Gilbert at 7AM and the cost is only $10 CASH.  This is for ALL Fitness levels and let me tell you, once you finish my Boot camp, you definitely feel a sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT.  For more info and to see a 30 second clip of what my boot camp entails, go to my website:  www.glistengirlsfitness.com.  The clip is actually on the home page towards the bottom of the screen.
 
Well, today is HOT YOGA practice day for me (YAY!!) so I've gotta get ready to head out to my yoga practice.  Thanks as always for taking the time to read my blog and feel free to share any comments or ask any questions you may have.  I absolutely LOVE fitness and can't imagine NOT making it a huge part of my and my family's life.  Make today a day of ACCOMPLISHMENT and know that YOU.CAN.DO.IT!!!
 
I promise to post a "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" clip next week...sorry it's not up today.  You may go to YOUTUBE and see previous videos of my son and I for ideas on how to incorporate fitness into you and your kid(s) lives.
 
As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment