Thursday, August 7, 2014

Back to School EQUALS Back to NORMAL Routine!

Good morning friends!  It's great to be back blogging again now that Summer is officially over (if you live in AZ that is) and all of our fabulous kid(s) are back to school.  It's time to get RE-FOCUSED and no longer have an "excuse" as to WHY you missed your workout today.  Whether you went on a lot of vacations this summer (good for you!!) or just had a house full of kids EVERY DAY (story of my life), you have now taken a deep breath and slowly let it out as you realize it's time to focus on "ME" now that you are back to your NORMAL daily routines.

For you Moms...and Dads out there, how are you doing with your kid(s) back in school???  I know that I have got to be one of the most DRAMATIC parents out there!  First of all, I take the first 3 days of school off from working so I can CALM MYSELF down and come to terms that my "baby" is growing up.  My child is now in 2nd grade and I'm still getting the knots in my stomach and the separation anxiety...I know, I know...PATHETIC!  But what's nice about this time is, it gives me time to reflect and recharge as I prepare myself for my 12+ Client days that start the first Friday of my son's return week back to school and THAT my friends, are a LOT of LIVES that I change and souls I touch thru the POWER OF FITNESS...and then my other job of MOMMY starts again once school gets out.

Now if anyone knows about CRAZINESS and being BUSY...it's ME.  As most of my clients know, I wake up at 3:45AM during the week to get MY personal workout in before my 6AM client shows up for me to focus on his or her Fitness Goal.  Then it's NON-STOP training all morning into early afternoon I go!  I believe in providing the best experience possible for my Clients so, if I don't get up and start my day off right with a high calorie burn then how am I supposed to have ENERGY to train back to back Clients until it's time to pick my son up from school???!

As most of you know, I like to keep it REAL and let me tell you...I'm NORMAL just like you when my eyes open at 3:45AM as I listen to my husband sleeping peacefully and for a split second the thought enters my head..."hmmm, maybe you can just work out real quick after your last client of the day.  Or do an evening workout...this way, Famisha you can get more sleep."  Then my other voice says "Girl!  You better get up out of this bed and workout!  You know you're going to have tons of energy after you do it!  You know you're going to be able to have energy to get your Clients thru their workouts and you most definitely know that as busy as your kid keeps you, there won't be a good SOLID hour for you to be able to focus on just YOU, so do it NOW girl!!"  And I listen to that voice and get up and GET.IT.DONE!  So, when you hear that voice in your head saying "do it later...do it later..."  You shut that voice up and know that your Fitness Goal CANNOT wait!

Now I'd like to share some exciting stuff that has been happening with my Glisten Girls Fitness personal training business.  Over the summer, I had a segment featured on FOX-10 News in which they came out to my RESULTS based Boot camp...then I had another segment of "Back to School Workouts with your kids" that I also shot a couple weeks ago at the studio.  That one was a lot of fun because I shot it along with some of my Fit Mommies and their Kids that I invited to be a part of my gig.  The pic below is of my segment that they shot from my Boot camp.

 

Here's the link to the segment that I shot LIVE at the FOX-10 News studio:


I am excited to share that I will be doing MORE Fitness related segments with
FOX-10 News in the near future.  So stay tuned...

There's even more exciting stuff going on with my business that I will share in future blogs, but wanted to make sure I got you all caught up with the media stuff.  Now, I have got to get myself ready to head out to my FAVORITE Hot Yoga practice...I went back this past Tuesday and let me tell you, being able to have my "normal" workout routine schedule back is a BEAUTIFUL thing!

So I will leave you with this, make TODAY the day that you decide to do something for your health and fitness that is going to bring you one step closer to your FITNESS GOAL.  Remember, it's a MARATHON not a sprint!  By starting your program TODAY, you are bringing yourself one step closer to achieving your goal...YOU.CAN.DO.IT!  So GET UP and GET MOVING!!  Thanks as always for taking the time to read my blog...I'M BAAAACCCKKK! ;-)

Namaste...

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!!
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment