Thursday, August 14, 2014

YOU WANT RESULTS...LIKE YESTERDAY!

Good morning friends!  Today I'm going to blog about the "quick fix."  Whenever anyone FINALLY starts a workout program, they want to know how QUICKLY can I get results?!  I want to lose 20 lbs by LABOR DAY....ummm, okay Labor Day is in 2 1/2 weeks.  Not REALISTIC.  Or I just worked out 3 days last week but I still haven't LOST weight, this exercise thing "doesn't work."  I'm going to go take a pill or shot that allows me only 500 calories a day and I don't even have to WORK OUT and then after I lose all this weight in an UNHEALTHY way, I'm going to go "celebrate" at a restaurant that serves HUGE portions and toast with a cocktail and finish off with a dessert because I "deserve it."  Does this all sound familiar???  To my other Personal Trainer friends in the industry it is something we hear at least once or twice a day.  To those of you who have been guilty of this, let me ask you this...Why would you reward yourself with FOOD?  Don't treat yourself with a treat like you would a dog.  You deserve to live another 20-30+ years so that you can see your kid(s) grow up, graduate high school, graduate college, go on to have that successful career and overall LIFE that you have dreamed for your kid(s).  Don't you want to be ALIVE to see this????  If you don't have kids, don't you want to grow old and actually be able to MOVE and travel the world without medical issues caused by health problems because you "deserved" to eat that fatty filled food?

Now don't get me wrong, by no means do I eat PERFECTLY.  I enjoy life, as a matter of fact I even enjoy an occasional Adult Beverage or two ;-) and maybe even a dessert....but it's not because I "earned it" or "deserve it" from all my hard work in my workouts.  It's because I understand MODERATION and that life is too short to not enjoy something when I would like to.  However, I also know that if I am going to have something that doesn't qualify as a fruit, veggie, or glass of water...I better have had the most KILLER workout that day and be at a calorie deficit in which I can enjoy that item without any GUILT.  Which leads me to this...do NOT associate food with GUILT.  Here's the deal friends, you should "eat to LIVE...." not "live to eat."  You need Fat, Protein and Carbs to survive so EAT THEM.

Also, quit expecting to see your body change in one day.  If the scale goes UP, be HONEST with yourself.  Did you really have UNDER 1500mg of sodium that day?  Did you really eat CLEAN?  Did you conveniently "forget" to log certain items on your food log?  Look...the scale doesn't LIE.  It's very simple.  3500 calories equals ONE POUND OF FAT.  If you gain a pound, it's because you didn't burn MORE than you consumed.  PERIOD.  I love it when people step on a scale and say "well, my scale at home says I weigh 5 lbs LESS."  Really?  Well, I hate to tell you this, but I don't have a special "trick" scale.  I don't know about other Trainers out there, but I personally would LOVE to see the number on the scale go down if you're trying to lose weight.  So start being HONEST with yourself today. 

I will leave you with this, it is so much easier to LAY IN THE BED and not go to a workout.  I get up at 3:45AM 4 days a week to workout before I train 12-13 Clients a day.  On my 5th day during the week, I attend Hot Yoga practice, on another day I work out 2 times a day and on my Saturday I get up at 5AM to run a RESULTS based Boot camp followed by Strength, Agility and Speed work with a Club Boys baseball team.  I know many people who give the excuse of "oh, I just wasn't in the mood to go.  I needed to sleep in, insert more excuses here."  Oh really???   Well, I don't NEED to get up on my day off on a Saturday to run a Boot camp for ONLY $10 (I could charge much much more with my credentials and experience).  I could "sleep in" which my body doesn't know how to do, but I could TRY and then go to my Fitness Studio and workout hard because I'm disciplined to do so.  I have a Fitness Goal that's important to ME.  I want to be a good example to my son on how being HEALTHY is a great thing...an IMPORTANT thing in life.  So next time, you complain about the SCALE, ask yourself " did I really NEED to stay in the bed an extra hour?"  Or could I have used that 800+ calorie burn?  Do I really need to eat another portion of this FATTY food?  Or is my weight loss goal more important?  Ask yourselves these questions and if the answer is NO.  Then make a change TODAY to be more dedicated and DETERMINED to reach your Fitness Goal.  YOU.ARE.BETTER.THEN.YOUR.EXCUSES!!!!

Okay, that's all for today.  Make today the day that you dedicate time to work on YOU.  That you understand it's a MARATHON not a SPRINT.  That it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE...not a FADThat repetition is KEY...and stay focused!  3 weeks from now...3 months from now...you WILL see a difference and you WILL feel better both mentally and physically.  Speaking of mentally and physically, it's time for me to get ready to head out soon to my favorite Hot Yoga practice.  I absolutely LOVE this practice.  For 80 minutes, I get to focus on ME.  Find the time TODAY to focus on YOU...no excuses!!!  BUSY is my middle name, so saying you're "busy" isn't a good excuse at least when talking to me personally...do it TODAY.

Thanks as always for reading my blog!  Feel free to post comments, ask questions and if you have a topic you'd like me to speak on...let me know.  Make today a Fabulously Fitness Filled Day!  NAMASTE...

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment