Thursday, December 22, 2011

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Good afternoon Fitness Friends!  So today is going to be short and sweet...I just want to take this time to wish each and every one of you a Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanzaa!!!  Hope I didn't leave a holiday out.  My family and I celebrate Christmas and as the day gets closer, I find myself getting more and more excited about watching my son on Christmas morning.  It's the best!

Anyway, I want to remind everyone that it is even more important NOW to be sure not to miss any of your workouts!  This is the time of year where people LOVE to bake and have potlucks and holiday party gatherings.  Just because someone decides to bake you an entire container of cookies, pies, banana bread WITH chocolate chips and peanut butter frosting (thanks a lot Mary!!) doesn't mean you have to indulge in the entire thing.  This is the time to learn MODERATION.  Do you really need to eat 3 to 4 cookies???  NO, you don't!  Do you really need to grab a HUGE handful of M&Ms everytime you pass the holiday candy dish???  NO, you don't!

What I'm saying is, it's okay to enjoy a sweet here and there but all in moderation.  Why not start your New Years Resolution NOW?!  Decide to finally eat just one cookie and then put them away instead of the whole tin...if you do indulge then make a commitment to yourself and your health to go do at least 30 minutes of cardio so you know that you just put forth an effort to burn off some of those calories.

Some may be surprised to know that I have a major sweet tooth myself...what?!  A trainer who actually is a real human being?!  Yes, my friends I do enjoy a holiday goodie here and there but I'm a take a bite and I'm good type of person or if I do know I'm going to "go big" on the sweets on Christmas, I'll knock out 90 minutes of hard core working out BEFORE I enjoy eating whatever I want on that day.

Just be smart and don't make yourself feel guilty...I hope you are taking notes on all the suggestions I've made in my prior blogs about amounts of time you need to spend working off the calories you intake.  Don't just read about it...BE ABOUT IT!

So let me end with this...I am truly thankful and grateful for what I get to do for a living each and every day which is CHANGE LIVES and TOUCH SOULS thru the power of fitness and teach people how to make it a LIFESTYLE not just a fad diet.  Enjoy life but know that to live longer, we must MOVE! 

Once again, I want to wish each and every one of you a very Happy Holiday and hope you get everything you ask for!  If it's a HEALTHIER, HAPPIER YOU...that's easy, just MOVE!  Play with your kids...do some jumping jacks...throw a baseball back and forth....kick a soccer ball...jog in place...dance in your living room, there's no rules...just MOVE!

Thanks as always for taking the time to read my blog and know that I will be back again next week for the last blog of 2011.  New videos will start up once again when 2012 hits!  Please feel free to share my fitness blogs with your family and friends...and if you haven't done so yet JOIN TODAY as a follower.  Happy, Healthy Holidays my Fitness Friends!!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment