Thursday, December 8, 2011

HOW DO U MAINTAIN...ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAYS????

Hi Fitness Friends!  It's another beautiful day in paradise!  So I had quite a few interesting questions that you awesome blog followers have asked me to speak on this week and the one I've decided to choose for this week is the "now that I've hit my fitness goal, how do I maintain where I'm at during the holiday?"  Well, it's actually quite easy...

Okay, so you're finally in that GOAL SIZE that you've been dreaming of since having your "baby" 5 years ago or maybe even longer and the scale no longer upsets you when you step on it cautiously during a weigh in.  Now what?!  Believe me, I understand that this is the time of year that we are constantly heading to holiday parties (my family and I were just at one this past Saturday and have ANOTHER one coming up THIS weekend and then another one coming up the following weekend).  So I feel you!

Here is the key...ENERGY IN VS ENERGY OUT!  I am the last person you can say "oh, I'm just WAY too busy to workout" to.  I've got this to do and that to do...well, you know what you need to make a priority RIGHT NOW is getting in your workout no less than 5 days a week; especially during this time of year.  I'm not talking about 90 minute workouts (which is what I personally LOVE doing but unfortunately can't do 90 minutes EVERYDAY, but get pretty close), every little bit counts!  Make your health a PRIORITY.  If it means WALKING to pick your child up from school in the afternoon instead of driving, that's movement.  Try and get in some movement a day even if it's just 5 to 10 minutes here and 5 to 10 minutes there...it all adds up, trust me!

If you're headed out to a holiday event, make sure you EAT something light at home before going because then you won't sprint to the hor'devoures table because you're starving.  Also, drink tons of water...if you don't like water, add a twist of lemon, a squirt of lime juice or a 5 calorie Crystal Light packet (but remember those 5 calories count).  Drink 5 to 6 glasses of 16oz of water a day.

The working out part is easy.  Try to get in at least ONE hour of cardio combined with weight resistance training during your 5 day a week workout.  Remember, it doesn't have to all be at the same time...move throughout the day and be sure it equates to an hour of exercise.  By doing this, you WILL maintain your current fitness level that you have attained.  It really doesn't get any easier than this!  There is no big secret to maintaining your weight and size except by just continuing to move and watch the food intake...

One last thing, I know you've heard this from me before but remember, if you do over-indulge the night before at a holiday party then DO NOT sit around or lay around the next day.  Movement is key the day after a big night out!  It's extremely crucial you get in your 60 minutes total for the day of exercise so the scale doesn't scare you two days later when you step on it!

Since I talked about 5 to 10 minutes here and there of exercise, let's get into today's video.  Today once again shows you in a quick 5 minutes how to get in some FUN weight resistance training with your kid(s).  All you need to do is grab yourself and 2 bottles of water, your kid(s) and a fun attitude.  I hope you enjoy it!

Feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have.  Join TODAY as a follower, if you haven't done so yet.  Hope you enjoyed today's fitness video blog.

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for inspiring me once again. I couldn't get to the gym today and was feeling pretty cruddy about it but then read your fitness blog and totally changed my thinking. I put on a workout video and just had my kids play while I did it. They got a little impatient so I took them out back and they hit the swing set while I did lunges, squats,jumping jacks, push up and lifted little hand weights. They were so entertained they wanted to join me. Thanks for being such a positive fitness force in my life :)
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn, that's great! I'm glad I can help inspire you to know that if you do miss a day at the gym, rather than feel guilty...just MOVE! It sounds like you inspired your kids today too. Keep up the FABULOUS work!! Stay fit and happy!

    ReplyDelete