Thursday, December 29, 2011

LAST BLOG OF 2011!!!!

Good afternoon Fitness Friends!  Hope you are all having an absolutely fabulous day!  So this will be the LAST blog of 2011...wow, where did the year go?!  Is my "baby" really starting kindergarten next year?!  Now is the time where everyone starts thinking about what they want to accomplish in the year 2012...what is YOUR fitness goal for 2012?  Is it run your very first marathon?  Wear that size that you were 3 kids ago?  Walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath?  Chase your kid(s) at the park and have the kid(s) actually gasp for air instead of YOU?  Include more fruits and veggies into your daily food intake?  It can be ANYTHING, but whatever it is...make it a realistic goal that you actually stick to!  I am a huge believer that a "POSITIVE ATTITUDE EQUALS POSITIVE RESULTS," that is a true "Famisha'ism."

Okay, now that I've started out my blog talking about the exciting future and what it may hold for each and everyone of you as you set your Fitness Goal for 2012, let me actually get into the last blog question for 2011 which is "how do I boost my calorie burn throughout the day if I work at a job that ties me down to a desk/computer for 8-9 hours a day?"

Well, get ready to roll your eyes...the answer is quite simple.  As you sit at your desk, do 3 sets of 15-20reps of Calf Raises.  Need to get the blood flowing?  Do some squats...Stand up and ALMOST sit down with your butt lightly touching your chair...3 sets of 15-20reps.  Who cares if people in the office look at you crazy!  They should join in!  Instead of an office chair, sit on a physio ball.  They are very inexpensive and you will actually work your "core" (back AND abs) while sitting on it all day rather than a chair.  Sit tall and pull your belly button in towards your spine.  In between conference calls?  Do some Physio ball crunches!  Lay back on your ball with it positioned mid-back and do 3 sets of 15-20reps.

Now if you're working an 8-9 hour day, then you should get at least 2 10minute breaks.  Take those 10 minute breaks and go for a brisk walk around your building (if you work from home up and down your block twice) at least 3 times.  This will help you get your steps in and keep you from feeling "blah."  During your one hour lunch break, get outside and either WALK to lunch if your office is near a restaurant or sit outside your building and enjoy a lunch you MADE so you know your caloric intake for 30 minutes and spend the other 30 minutes going for a walk.

These are just a few ideas to help you get through your day of being stuck in front of a computer screen.  These are things that to me, are obvious and very easy to do on a daily basis.  You will find yourself adding at least 2000 minimum additional steps to your day...so good luck and enjoy!

I want to take this time to thank all of my loyal fitness blog readers for your support and welcome any new fitness blog readers to my "MOMS!  You CAN get in shape!!" blog.  I hope you've enjoyed it and will spread the word to any of your friends who may be Mommies, Daddies or just Fit Divas/Dudes in Training looking for some weekly fitness advice.  I am very excited for 2012 and stay tuned because Pry'nce and I will be going back to shooting our weekly video "Fitness is Fun with your kids!"

I want to wish each and every one of you a very Happy, Healthy New Year and be safe!  Make 2012 the year you TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF and live a HEALTHIER, HAPPIER, FIT LIFESTYLE!!
Please join my blog today as a follower if you haven't done so yet and thanks again for taking the time to read my blog(s)!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

4 comments:

  1. Finally figured out how to publish a comment! I will do it more often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your fitness advice while I train the OC Half Marathon on May 6th!! :) thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, I'm so happy you are able to post comments now. Happy New Year to you too!!
    Tina, best of luck in your first marathon...ask away with any questions you may have as you prepare for your exciting event!! And Happy New Year to you as well!!
    As always...stay fit and happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete