Thursday, July 5, 2012

SUMMER FUN POOL WORKOUTS!!

Hi friends!!!  Happy, healthy day to you...I just had the best workout this morning and you know what?!  It was short and sweet, but INTENSE!  There is something about watching Serena Williams play at Wimbledon that gets me to push myself harder and harder during my workout.  Now if you read what I just said, it was a SHORT and SWEET workout!  My workouts average no less than 90 minutes on a regular basis, however with today being jam packed with fun events with my son, I only had 40 minutes to make it happen today...but I did it, NO EXCUSES!

Unfortunately, alot of people who live an unhealthy lifestyle or are overweight have just that EXCUSES.  Make today the first day of your life that you decide to STOP making excuses and do something that's going to benefit not only your MIND because of how proud of yourself you will feel for actually getting off the couch and away from the REALITY SHOWS and MOVE...but you will be on your way to a healthier, happier YOU for YOU.   Who is going to benefit from this you ask???  YOU, your KID(S), your SPOUSE, your SIGNIFICANT OTHER, your BOSS, and your overall SELF-ESTEEM.

Okay, so let me get into what today's topic actually is that a fabulous blog follower asked me to speak on which is FUN POOL WORKOUTS!  If you own a pool (which MOST people who live in hot AZ do or at least an outdoor jacuzzi...or have a friend with a pool), here are some fun exercises to do starting today.

Get into your pool and run as fast as you can from one end of the pool to the other.  Now if it goes very deep at one end, then just run across in the shallow end.  When I say run, I mean RUN...get those knees up and pump your arms...the resistance you will feel in your legs will tell you "wow, I'm really doing something!"  If you really want to make it fun, race your kid(s) from one end of the pool to the other.  Now don't get so competitive you make your kid(s) cry because you leave them in the dust...but make it fun because now you are helping prevent CHILDHOOD OBESITY by making your kid(s) get away from the video games and actually have fun exercising!!

One last fun one is grab the edge of your pool and lay on your stomach keeping your head up.  Kick your legs as hard as you can for 30 seconds...DO NOT STOP until you reach 30 seconds.  Your legs (hamstrings specifically) and glutes will thank you after you've done these exercises for at least 3 weeks and you start to notice your legs and glutes (butt) looking much tighter.  And to that I say...YOU'RE WELCOME!

So, next week my son Pry'nce and I will have our JULY "Fitness is Fun with your Kids!" video up on youtube.  In the meantime, if you haven't checked any of them out yet and are looking for fun ways to incorporate fitness into your kid(s) life....go to Youtube and search FAMISHA or FITNESS IS FUN WITH YOUR KIDS and you will see a ton of our videos to choose from...enjoy!

I hope you liked today's pool tips and please feel free to leave me comments or ask any questions you may have!  Also, if you enjoy my blogs...please join TODAY as a follower.  You may also follow me on twitter @FITDIVAFAMISHA for my latest updates on my Bootcamps, my website www.glistengirlsfitness.com for training specials and fitness clothing specials AND I'm now on Pintrest.  I know...it's getting crazy!  But if you want tons of Famisha'isms and want to make Fitness a LIFESTYLE check out all my different sites.  Thanks for your support and please make today a healthy, happy day!!

As Always...Stay Fit and Happy!
Famisha :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment